1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think blogging with this domain would be suitable?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GAdsense, Nov 6, 2015.

Hello,

I have a domain that I love a lot, it is ViewLogos.com - it's been a few years that I started this domain with reviewing logos. At that time, I registered it for 10 years! With over 100+ reviews, a well branded twitter and facebook fan page and quite a number of fans. The website was doing great but...my hosting expired.

My FatCow host asked me to make payment and my brother did make the discounted payment they asked for, but they never renewed the account after taking that payment. Anyways, I am not here to blame the host, no matter what has happened because that has happened already.

Talking about the future, ideas and ViewLogos, I'd like to decide if I should continue this project or not. My heart says I should! :)

By the way, right before my hosting period was about to expire. There were constant hijacking attacks which made the whole site reputation even worse. Even I received an email from Google saying

"http://www.viewlogos.com/: Suspected hacking
    April 29, 2015
    Google has detected that your site may have pages added by a third party. These pages may contain spammy or malicious content which violate our Webmaster Guidelines.

Typically, the offending party gains access to an insecure directory that has open permissions. Many times, they will upload files or modify existing ones, which then show up as spam in our index.

Sample URLs:
    http://www.viewlogos.com/installment-loans-thousand-oaks-california/
    "

After deleting all such URL's by disavowing them from Google index and removing from server, a few days later same thing happened again. It continued for a while. Finally, all my indexed links were removed from Google.

Today when I search for site:ViewLogos.com nothing comes up at all. Why is that so in your opinion?

I would like to take this a step forward and start a blog from scratch. This can be an inspiring story for many to not lose hope and continue to work at it. Would it help from SEO point of view?

Interestingly, PR and everything dropped over the last year, still has PR1 though. What are your suggestions on how to re-launch this site?

I'd like to blog about general tech topics and the domain name might not be very well suited to it. BUT do you really think all of the Google mess can be sorted out? What should be my first step?

Thanks a ton if you intend to reply. I plan on doing a couple of things but discussing these scenarios among fellow SEO's really helps to broaden skillset as well.

GAdsense, Nov 6, 2015 IP
  2. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google tries their best to display relevant and safe results. If your site is not safe, they may not hesitate to remove your site from their index. If the issue is resolved, you could file a reconsideration request and Google will list your back.

LinkGenie, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  3. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is what I'd suggest.
    Given what your domain has gone thru, it is best to stick to it.
    This time, get a more secure host, maybe get an SSL or something.

Start from scratch, add it to Google from the scratch and see what happens.

rsrikanth05, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  4. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess the fat cow got you, good luck on the next host, if it works don't try to fix it! stick to it.

wissam, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These 2 sentences give you your answer. Your site has been penalized and de-indexed, that's the worst penalty you can get. You need to trash this domain name and move on using a new one. Better yet if you know which site was hacking you, 301 redirect this penalized domain to their site. The penalty will flow through the redirect to their main site.
    It still shows PR1 because PR doesn't get updated any longer, I can assure you it's a 0. Make sure you keep your CMS updated at all times for new patches.

Blogging about tech topics- buy an aged domain in the Tech niche. This way you bypass the sandbox, has aged links, has good metrics, faster to rank than a brand new domain starting with nothing.

kjh-08, Nov 18, 2015 IP