1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Think Bing Could Overtake Google Soon?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by GekiDan, Feb 18, 2013.

1. athulbnair

athulbnair Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bing has improved a lot when compared to the old live.com, its predecessor. Live dot com never returned the results which we were expecting, but now with bing there is big improvement. I personally feel it is far better than yahoo search and of course a tough competition for google though it may take some time to reach somewhere near google.

athulbnair, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  2. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    Thank for letting me know, I was thinking that Yahoo is the main competitor of Google!

MikeQ, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  3. Afrasiab

Afrasiab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is on the way of improvement and perfection, it will take a time to overcome it's weaknesses and to reach to the level of Google.

Afrasiab, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  4. gc1282

gc1282 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unless Bing could read it's users minds I don't think they could ever top Google

gc1282, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  5. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo use Bing as far as I know and let's be honest unless you live in China and use Baidu or Russia and use Yandex Google is not getting caught up any time soon nor at all by a search engine called Bing...

People Google things not Bing them...

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you combine Bing and Yahoo together (since they are both powered by Bing), they hold a 0.7% marketshare of users coming to this site via organic search. Also, they are actually *losing* marketshare, not gaining.

In fact, if you look at the chart, MSN had about a 5% marketshare, then slowly just lost it over time... then finally they rebranded MSN Search into Bing... it got a boost for a bit because all the marketing and everyone wanted to try out the new search engine... and then again... slowly over time they just lose more and more marketshare since it's not that good of a search engine. Yahoo got a boost in 2010 when they converted to Bing (again, tons of marketing around it), but they too have slowly lost more and more marketshare.

Check the chart from our analytics:

[​IMG]

digitalpoint, Apr 20, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  7. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

Excellent answer DigitalPoint (I would like it but might get accused of kissing ass, but what the heck a good answer is a good answer)

My saying Yahoo use Bing as far as I know was as last time I checked such things out was around the time Marissa Mayer (now Bogue) made the move to Yahoo as CEO.

To go ever so slightly off topic. Makes you wonder how frustrating that part of her new CEO position is for CEO Marissa when you think about it.

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  8. sachin12

sachin12 Member

Best Answers:
    No one knows the future this is google's time may other search engine take over the google like pinterest take over most of social media i think that they can do that bing and yahoo giving quality results i think if bing and yahoo take over google that is best for us because google is now rule us lots of rule and policy.

sachin12, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  9. lorienm

lorienm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the consensus here is that Bing will never overtake Google and I am in agreement. Bing has never given me enough reason to use them over google. That's what competition is about, setting yourself apart by offering a unique product. Bing isn't different enough and its marketing isn't working that great.

lorienm, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  10. Kavalar

Kavalar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, everything is possible. I wouldn't put my money on it, though. I rank for the same keywords on Bing that I do on Google. However, most of my traffic is coming from Google.

Kavalar, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  11. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, Google marketshare is so incredible..
    Base on that chart, surely bing could not overtake google..

Can we assume base on that chart that G is still the most popular search engine?

bluebenz, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  12. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, i don't think so...Google is much better or best in its search result as compared to Bing's search engine. And no one can beat it...

afoley77, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  13. Matrix77

Matrix77 Banned

Best Answers:
    I doubt that will happen soon...

Matrix77, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  14. Real_YT_Business

Real_YT_Business Peon

Best Answers:
    Google was created before bing, Its like 1 ant trying to take over the united states Google has too much Market price to even feel threatened by bing IMO could even buy them out

Real_YT_Business, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  15. irdogg

irdogg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    both are weeding out the spam so i say no

irdogg, May 1, 2013 IP
    prince786 likes this.
  16. Thomas90G

Thomas90G Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think Bing will get anywhere near Google in the coming years... They're just too far behind already and there's too far of a gap for them to try and close it now.

Thomas90G, May 1, 2013 IP
  17. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Bing's name is just not as cool as Google's, so no chance.

Quality of results - there's not much between them, but M$ is playing catchup too late. Google is more or less synonymous with search these days ("Google it" - despite the fact they campaigned against it). "Bing it" doesn't have the same ring to it, either. At times it doesn't even matter if Bing is the default SE on someone's desktop, phone or tablet - how many of you have seen someone type "Google" into Bing, click through to Google and then type "Facebook" (albeit I usually see this with the "older" or younger but computer-illiterate generations). (Remember - even Bing's own research found this.) It's just what some people are used to for finding information or even getting to their favourite destinations.

It would take a major rebrand (something other than Bing) and breaking away from Microsoft to succeed. There's more chance of Yahoo! turning things around and getting a 20%+ market share.

ryan_uk, May 3, 2013 IP
  18. Premmm

Premmm Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. Let's take example. Which search engine do you use? Google, right? See, there's the answer. :)

Premmm, May 4, 2013 IP
  19. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    Google it? Bing it? erm I think people Google things not Bing things and until according to my "Syrch Oracle" voice controled search this is the way it will always be.

If Google went down the motorway and broke down and had to wait for the RAC, AA, or Greenflag "Bing" would still not be over taking Google.

Revelations-Decoder, May 4, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  20. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And I wonder if MS representatives come to DP and read it.:D

In my opinion, Bing still has a chance to beat Google. What it need is Greater Improvements. What make Google better is the improvement (better logarithm and more advanced) which lead more people to use it. The word Google sound very nice. Nice branding. I remember people always say: "ask Google" and not "ask live".

Sadly, My professor didn't use both Bing or Google. During presentation, Dogpile was being used. It was three years ago.

I believe people already Love Google rather than MS. Don't know the reasons. maybe because Google understand what people want while MS want people to understand what they think is better for us.

In the end, I love Google than the other SE. Almost all my traffic come from Google. Only one of them got massive traffic from Bing.

I didn't recommend Bing to compete with Google. New Search Engine developed by Open Source project probably has a chance to compete with Google equally. People love Open Source project and open Source project always care with people whom using it. but it was my opinion.:)

Last edited: May 4, 2013
    Arick unirow, May 4, 2013 IP