1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Think Being Good Looking Is An Asset To Person's Career?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by printex, Feb 16, 2013.

I must confess I was always a bit jealous of good looking people and felt they had an unfair advantage over the rest of us until i saw a very candid confession by a professional model.

http://netfoxnews.com/looks-arent-everything-believe-me-im-a-model/

printex, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Of course it matters. That said, there is no unfair advantage if you work for yourself :)

dcristo, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  3. Nucita

Nucita Member

Best Answers:

Being good looking sometimes is a blessing but sometimes it is a nightmare. Most of the times good looking people have to work harder than average people because it is thought that beautiful ones are not intelligent.
    Also they have to deal with persons who want to use them very often so that is why most of them have a lack of confidence.:(

Nucita, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  4. kamran210

kamran210 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A big yes . First Impression always matter and good looking people always manage to give a good first impression on the first look.unless they are too dumb . And it also helps in interview .

good personality=good first impression = good career

PS: you are a rat looking rabbit you dont have to be jealous of anyone :D

or a rabbit looking rat .. i am confused seriously :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    kamran210, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  5. mahuamukherjee42

mahuamukherjee42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is true.But I think always its not true.Some times look is not matter but your personality and your responsibility is first priority in your career.

mahuamukherjee42, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  6. Omario24

Omario24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. Looks aren't everything, but they certainly make you stand out from a crowd. This is especially true for jobs where you need to look like the type of person who could represent the brand well. Sometimes there's a certain "look" that you need to have in order to fit in with a company's culture. I used to work for a clothing store called GUESS... I love the brand and a lot of my clothing is from there. So naturally, I wanted to apply. It was only a part-time job, but I can't tell you how hard it was just to get in. They had a group interview and everything. There were several good looking girls/guys in my interview group, but they didn't get the job. Why? Most likely because their answers just didn't "fit in" with what they were looking for in an employee. When I started working there, all my co-workers were good looking people... But they were also good communicators and sellers. So it depends where you're applying.

It also makes a good first impression if you look like the type of person who takes care of him/herself. On that note, I believe that anyone can be "good looking," but you have to actually put the time in and make an effort. Sure, everyone's genes are different, and some have it more natural than others, but it's still doable.

As long as you look presentable and professional, and you don't look like you just walked out of a cave, then looking like a model isn't a prerequisite. Someone could be the best looking person in the world, but if he/she doesn't have the brains/experience to back it up, then what's it to the hiring manager?

When it comes down to it, looks definitely help, but I think it primarily comes down to how you sell yourself. In my books, it's all about your personality, the way you talk/respond, and how you present yourself to a potential employer.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    Omario24, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  7. neteater

neteater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes its tried and tested by me.. HR in my office selected me only because i have looks hot :) :oops:

neteater, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  8. Johnson69

Johnson69 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes this is true that it plays an important role in your life but only for girls..... dosn't matter for boys....

Johnson69, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  9. ksprock

ksprock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on the job that you are applying for. But this isn't necessary for most companies, they can hire anyone with exceptional skills and look presentable to them.

ksprock, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Fox news channel is famous for hiring former models and miss Americas as their anchorwomen.

A good-looking waitress at a restaurant will almost always get bigger tips.

A good-looking teacher (a man or a woman) gets more respect from his/her students.

And so forth.

qwikad.com, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  11. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am a God so I should know. :p

scurvy, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  12. BoonPeng

BoonPeng Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on what type of job you have.
    A model, of course.
    A janitor, course not.

But if you get into jobs that require skills. It's not as much unfair.

BoonPeng, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  13. drmd

drmd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, but according to research, good looking people make more money.

drmd, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  14. Nathan2222

Nathan2222 Banned

Best Answers:
    Good looking person + bad attitude = Failed career.
    It,s not about looks, it's about attitude.

Nathan2222, Sep 10, 2013 IP