1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you still remember your first piece of sales copy?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Li Weng, Nov 16, 2008.

I still remember my first piece. I was working in marketing for a publishing company, and I wrote the sales letter for a yearly publication to be mailed out to customers in the mailing list.

I was still a uni student back then, working part-time. I wasn't really taught copy-writing at school. So I googled copy writing and read a few articles on how to go on about it. I think it was an article by Joe Vitale that really gave me a kind of a lightbulb moment.

So I used the techniques in the sales letter, made 3 or 4 changes until I was happy with it. And guess what, the sales for that publication increased by 16% that year. Of course it was not all from the sales letter, but I believe it had a lot to do with it.

That was my first experience with copy writing. Do you still remember yours?

Li Weng, Nov 16, 2008 IP