1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you still pay attention to PR?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mr.Dog, Sep 27, 2014.

Hi,

Due to the trends, including Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird and the slower PR updates, I decided not to pay much attention to PR when obtaining backlinks.

When I try getting links from other sites, I focus and I do the following...

I use the Moz toolbar and pay more attention to DA, PA, etc. indicators.
    Alexa rank is still one of my favourite indicators, including the Alexa backlink count.
    Facebook fans, site speed are also factors...
    Semrush is a bit less reliable, but if a site is terrible at traffic or, is doing extremely well, then this will reflect in it.
    ...and a series of other things.

PR is a bit obsolete, but still important. But I think it's worth chasing other things first.

What do you think?

How do you do it? Do you still focus on improving PR and getting links from high PR sites?

Is it working for you?

Mr.Dog, Sep 27, 2014 IP
  2. ManiQuadraincorp

ManiQuadraincorp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its called Link Exchange method you can add your Website links to another websites. You can get Quality backlinks, so its so importance one.

ManiQuadraincorp, Sep 27, 2014 IP
  3. steffi banks

steffi banks Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR update not coming form last 1 year, but still you need to consider PR before publishing content. Yes, getting backlinks from High PR sites is worth it for our moneysite. It will helpful for generating targeted traffic.

steffi banks, Sep 27, 2014 IP
  4. Seousa4you

Seousa4you Banned

Best Answers:
    Mr. Dog
    Moz, PA, DA are all very important, but not substitute the PR. What i would do, to check always for these "secondary" parameters as well, but don't underestimate the PR either.
    If you are interested we are a SEO Company in San Francisco. Let us know if you need any help.

We offer high quality Backlinks to your website, from Page Rank 4 all the way to Page Rank 7. ( Beside the PR, all of our links are from Websites with High Page Authority, Domain Authority, Mozrank).
    You not only get a High Quality Backlink, but Content too in a form of professional and personalized, unique articles ( 1500-2000 characters)

Seousa4you, Sep 27, 2014 IP
  5. Seo Power

Seo Power Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Toolbar PR is essential useless these days but internal PR is still as pivotal as it was to a website's ranking. I also now use metrics from third party tools to evaluate the authority of websites, and my favorite backlink checker is Ahrefs.

Semrush to me is a very reliable tool and I use it sometimes in place of Google's keyword planner but it has one main disadvantage - it's not very accurate. Alexa rank and backlinks information are two things I never pay attention to because other tools provide better and more accurate information.

I wouldn't waste my time obtaining any information from Alexa, much less using their info.

Seo Power, Sep 28, 2014 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I used to chase PR. No more. In the years left to me (age 71), I'm focusing my energies on creating new content and getting it out there via social media (Facebook, Google+ posts, LinkedIn) and a very small handful of respected, highest-quality sites like Hubpages, reddit, and the like. There's just me (no staff), and I'm no longer allowing myself to get sidetracked from content creation by the never-ending, ever-increasing demands of SEO. Besides, with grandchildren #19 and 20 due next week, I have more enjoyable things to occupy some of my time.

Jim4767, Sep 28, 2014 IP
    Mr.Dog, Arick unirow and Rado_ch like this.
  7. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is one essential thing that many seem to miss when talking about PR. The real, valuable PageRank happens internally and it is very much different from the Toolbar PR which all seem to pursue. Even more, there is a continuous tendency of spamming sites just to get their PR high, while in their essence they are worthless - low PA, DA, TR, low-quality content, just a bare-naked site with high PR...big whoop ;)

Rado_ch, Sep 28, 2014 IP
  8. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone who started SEO think PR is important, which is in fact true. But as time passes by, we will realize that PR is just a bonus. I mean if you are in a business and you want your traffic to convert then you will focus more on traffic conversion than just PR alone. I believe PR should not be our priority, but what we can give to our users. Because our users are most likely to give a signal or give a big part of getting our site rank.

Patricia Ann Lee, Sep 28, 2014 IP
  9. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    just at time when I`m looking a new links to buy to a new projects ;)

King-Servers, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  10. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never do that. It can get you severely punished by Google.
    I recommend you to read about Google's terms and Panda, Penguin.

Mr.Dog, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  11. Seousa4you

Seousa4you Banned

Best Answers:
    Mr Dog,
    It might be a misunderstanding here... Probably you are afraid of bulk links, etc... But High ranking, unique, quality links are a whole other world.

Seousa4you, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  12. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is not so important nowadays... Pay attention to your ranking... and of course your content! ;)

patco, Oct 1, 2014 IP
  13. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    Page rank is still a good indicator of a website strength, but one should not depend on it only to analyze a website.

maddenitrous, Oct 2, 2014 IP
  14. anhtuanpro

anhtuanpro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PR still very important and Moz, PA, DA are all very important

anhtuanpro, Oct 2, 2014 IP
  15. C_Tavares

C_Tavares Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, if Google actually cared about PR they would have updated it by now. Its almost a year since they updated PR of sites, which brings me to the thinking they don't want to consider it a big "factor" in determining results. Previous years it used to be at least 3 PR updates for every year, this year we are still waiting for one.

C_Tavares, Oct 2, 2014 IP
  16. EssayPartner

EssayPartner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I focus on PR; outgoing links; number, quality and topic of incoming links; website age and history; positions in google, alexa rank as well.

EssayPartner, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  17. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you say "website history", what do you mean? (I can only guess...)

Mr.Dog, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  18. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, Page Rank is still a big factor and thus worth going after with. Of course, along with the high PR the site must also have High PA and DA.

Vitarank, Oct 10, 2014 IP
    homer7 likes this.
  19. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, page rank still holds great value and google wants you to believe otherwise. it is part of No Fucks Given SEO.

homer7, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  20. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absoluately right! The high PR old sites still play an important roles and have much ranking factors than the rest, Thats is the reason why articles from PR sites has better positions and get less impact by the GG penguin updates.

thuthuatwordpress, Oct 11, 2014 IP