1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you still care about ie6?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ghyper.com, May 26, 2010.

1. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    5% isn't enough? Say your site would be of interest to 1,000,000 potential customers world wide, 5% is 50,000. Are you so inundated with buyers that you can afford to reject 50,000 possible sales? Consider standing at the door to a brick and mortar store; now tell every twentieth person who wants to shop at your store that he's not allowed in because he wears the wrong style of shoes. Pure silliness.

There will come a day when we can ignore IE6, but it's not here yet.

cheers,

gary

kk5st, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  2. AlcVitRes

AlcVitRes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know no much webmasters in person, who has 1 mln. of actual clients worldvide.
    Also if client is unable to understand differences of browser versions, then later you
    may have pretenses for sites you maked. Just one real example: I had a client, who
    desperately wanted to have Flash-based gallery for his website, despite my warning,

much of gallery's content will be badly indexed in search engines due to this. After it
    was ready, he maked almost 1:1 descriptions (spam-like) for most of gallery's pics
    and later was wondering: Wtf, where is my visitors? - and I had 3~4 working
    gallery modules to offer. Well, he just wanted MSIE v6.0 compatibility.

As for MSIE v8.0, tried it when it was released firstime; tried it week ago after
    installing Windows. Result the same: crashing with 5 open pages is still a feature.

AlcVitRes, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  3. Layoutzzz

Layoutzzz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, when I am working on a project try to optimize and under IE 6, even if it is not among the requirements. Because many people in offices use IE 6.

Layoutzzz, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  4. hes

hes Peon

Best Answers:
    I really hate IE but I still code for that browser even up to IE6 as many people still use it. Through the time I have been developing websites I was able to come up with techniques on dealing with IE so my websites look almost exactly the same across all of todays major browsers (stuff that don't work on IE like border-radius and text-shadow).

hes, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  5. geekabhinav

geekabhinav Member

Best Answers:
    Being a web-designer, I realize how much people hate IE6, but nevertheless, our clients WILL use it, atleast for a decade more.
    I ask my client "specifically" do you need IE6 support?
    If he says "no" - I don't give a damn about how his sites gonna look in IE6. I do my job, get paid, move away ;)

Personally I NEVER use IE6,i just dl Chrome/Firefox and way to go!

geekabhinav, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  6. hemantwebmaster

hemantwebmaster Member

Best Answers:
    YES, we are still doing work in IE.6.

hemantwebmaster, Jun 23, 2010 IP