1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you pay poor articles?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by farasens, Aug 8, 2010.

1. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, I assure you any article written by ThisOldMan will be suitable general reading for general readers aged 8 to 80, people born on February 29th included.

ThisOldMan, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  2. EmpowerMedia

EmpowerMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I apologize, YMC. That was shenanigans.....that took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. It will not happen again. Yes, there are plenty of ways to write content pertaining to erectile dysfunction and sexual health without being risque or distasteful. I write about sexual health topics all of the time. You just have to make it scientific, which includes sometimes using medical jargon, but none of that relates to this post in particular.

EmpowerMedia, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    what, you want him to write you an article about Perry Rose??!?!!!

:) :) :)

'brewars drupe' I guess...

contentboss, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  4. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    No bones in the penile region, hence full blood flow in region due to excitement or tension needed. When blood flow stopped at traffic light next to penile cause by jealous cops, cause the penile dysfunction. At times hemorrhoids growth chokes flow of blood in penile region which again cause penile dysfunction. Best solution is to unblock veins. If no work then request nurse to administer blood directly into appropriate veins.

parsibagan, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  5. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    I cant Really Get What You really Mean on This!! Whats under my Name? :p And What Posts are You regarding to? Fake Visitors? I never made any Thread So!! I just Replied to a Thread That Some one made!! Can You please Proove if I have somehow made a thread Like that? :p

~Exp~

extremephp, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  6. andyro

andyro Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I've noticed about writers not passing copyscape is that if they are paid poorly. I think if a webmaster pays a reasonable amount, writers do take an interest and write unique content. Another factor, as mentioned above is don't wait until all 40 articles are written to pay. Pay per every 5 articles. This way things are not going to become unmanageable for you as well.

andyro, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  7. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You just hit the head on the nail... or, is it the other way round?

parsibagan, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  8. caciocode

caciocode Peon

Best Answers:
    I think dealing with this situation is straight forward, Set some rules about the articles that you want them to submit and if anyone breaks the most important rules just Fire and don't pay. Simple a writer doesn't follow the guidelines just fire, refuse paying or let him/her rewrite it. This is true for all job environments and occupations. I can't see anyway they can fine you or report you to the authorities. You could right your Terms for the articles and submit them to all your writers.

If a writer is just copying from other sources then you've not hired a writer.

caciocode, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  9. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    OUCH CACIOCODE, you are jumping into fire

No matter how high I charged for a writing piece for a client I never got burned.

Reason? You burn me, and I would tie you up in a 2 year legal case, costing you a minimum of $30,000 in your legal fees. Then you would pay mine. Next there would be a legal settlement amount awarded, which would include punitive damage.

I would file in civil court, not small claims. There I do not need of 9 jurors, all nine, but 5 will do just fine. Now what about that home you used to have?

Never burn someone, as it could turn out, you are the one left in total ashes. However, if someone burns you, you can send them to a costly burning hell.

dyadvisor, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  10. farasens

farasens Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Someone burned me, several weeks ago with 500 bucks. Is there anyway I could get those money back?

farasens, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  11. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Farasens: good question, your answer will depend upon at least: the amount, the country, time to settle, and case value.

I will use a case not involving writing, but against trying to burn me. This involved a slightly over $2,000,000 real estate transaction. I bought a beautiful home and land (5 yrs ago) from a lady going through a divorce. The upcoming EX, with big bucks, quit claimed the property to her. My transaction was completed, deed obtained, and moving 80% into home. The EX got a phony "imparte" emergency order stopping me from moving in, or from moving out any item. His legal team was 3 firms, an ex-judge, and PI's. For 15 months, I endured losing all. I even had to take my "mortgage deed" attorney, silence him and verbally rip the former judge apart, this was not negotiation, but a noose.

End result. He still has not paid his defense team back. I petitioned, for loss of use of my home, and was granted a good 6 figure amount. I used that to buy some remaining property of the couples adjacent to my home. His lawyers, were on my side, as they at least wanted partial payment back for their services. I live in the home frequented by his former hunter buddy, Ted Nugent of Rock fame.

All my 4 cases, including a cop one, were initiated by another party. All involved $50,000 up and all I won. The hardest was winning against an extremely immune cop, entire department, and the city council. Hopefully you can see that it is never easy to fight back as justified as it may be. So, only you can decide if $500.00 is a large amount, to proceed with a throw of the dice.

---hope than helps. Not an attorney, but twice have told attorneys to get paid while I do my own talking---

12. farasens

Best Answers:
    $500.00 is not a large amount and I think I'm not willing to spend my time trying to get some extra money on my side.

Thanks for your help. Your story is amazing and I'm glad people can defend themselves and get back what they own.

farasens, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  13. caciocode

caciocode Peon

Best Answers:
    At least what they truly own. People get fired EVERYDAY. Not because their employees are not willing to pay but because they do not fully qualify for their positions. Dyadvisor you clearly enjoy the idea of spending courts trying to earn extra money which you're not entitled to. The only reason why you never got burned/fired is because you're a good writer, and have always followed the guidelines set.

I've never had of such a court case where the 'employee is charging the employer for not being paid because the employee did not follow the employer's instructions later on the employee winning the case, unless there were some really good laywer tactics involved.

It's only logic that if the employee is not fit for his/her position then the employer should fire her and not hide behind the false fact that I'll be sued!

caciocode, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  14. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Caciocode what fantasy land were you born on? I referred to two incidents. The first was defending $2,000,000 of my savings after taxes. The other got multi-state attention as a murder attempt using beyond extreme reasonable force used against me (a federal offense).

How did I make money? With the cop I could have taken a 1,000,000 of money, but that would be taxpayer money, so I did not. I have daily migraines from by head being slammed so hard, profusely bleeding on coumidin, a blood thinner. The other was my personal money. I have paid hundreds of thousands in taxes. So a court should not hear a case? With the cops, they 4 months later gave me a false arrest, trying to desperately get me 100 days prison time. This is what the court system is for. When someone burns you, not for people to make money.

15. AceWriter09

AceWriter09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I simply love that turn of phrase... "the screwed ones". It could be a great title for an eBook on how to make a living writing/supplying content for the web. ;)

AceWriter09, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  16. balivillaholidays

balivillaholidays Peon

Best Answers:
    I pay for articles even though they have low qualities as long as the writings are original. I'll just rate the article by price though depending on it's quality.
    Besides, the writer worked for it so it would be unfair not to pay up.

balivillaholidays, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  17. farasens

Best Answers:
    Never thought about it.

farasens, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  18. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    balivillaholidays, you're saying that if I copy and paste an article into some free spinner software that produces a bunch of gibberish, you'll still pay me because I worked for it?

You're offering vacation rentals where people have to send you thousands of dollars to reserve the villa and you fill your blog with "low qualities" writing? Don't you realize that you are undermining your own business doing that?

YMC, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  19. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok! My mind is settled. I'll pay! Where is Mr. Poor Articles?

parsibagan, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  20. MattyWebber

MattyWebber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would rather get people to write my articles who weren't being paid poverty wages.

MattyWebber, Aug 15, 2010 IP