1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you like Yahoo answers backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Mr.John90, May 18, 2016.

I'm thinking to join Yahoo Answers and try my best to answer to some questions and where possible, insert my backlink. How effective is this? Do you guys prefer Yahoo Backlinks?

Mr.John90, May 18, 2016 IP
  2. Samim Noorzai TGC

Samim Noorzai TGC Member

Best Answers:
    I like almost any backlink linking to my website :D if it does not hurt my website's rankings.
    Well, you can't get a backlink from Yahoo Answers so easily, links you put in your answers are nofollow and does not impact rankings. They'll all be turned into dofollow once you have leveled up. Go on, post more useful answers and level up If you'd like so. Isn't worth the time you spend, try building backlinks somewhere else If you'd like to hear from me.

Samim Noorzai TGC, May 22, 2016 IP
  3. clean99

clean99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you answers are truly useful, you might get some traffic to your website. At the end of the day backlinks don't make you money, traffic does.

clean99, May 26, 2016 IP
  4. Marcus44

Marcus44 Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo links are useful in my opinion,its softwares out there that automates the whole process with many accounts at the same time lol

Marcus44, May 26, 2016 IP
  5. hoabantrang

hoabantrang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I remember I have read at somewhere that backlink at yahoo answer is highly appreciated. I will try it for my site.

hoabantrang, May 30, 2016 IP
  6. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    From http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/276059/you-have-one-chance-to-make-a-good-first-search-im.html: "One way to further control the conversation is to engage in the conversations that happen beyond the areas you control. Answering questions on Quora, Yahoo Answers or industry message boards gives you an air of authority, which can lead to more positive mentions and referrals among consumers. Respond to feedback — particularly negative reviews — with open communication and without being defensive, and highlight the positive experiences on your own pages, bringing it all back full circle."

So I think yeah, if you get picked as the best answer for your niche questions on Yahoo!, then your backlinks will have more authority and increase your rankings.

jv1999, Jun 4, 2016 IP
  7. MaxBlaze

MaxBlaze Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yahoo used to be good, I know coz I did the same thing a couple years back and got lots of steady traffic and even generated some leads/sales. But nowadays I don't really see YA appearing the SERPs like they used to. Seems like Google has demoted their authority quite a bit. Now it seems like every time I search in the search engines, oftentimes I'll see Quora and Reddit pop up like YA used to. That said, you can try YA, but you might get better results and better time investment if you focused on more favored platforms of today like Quora and Reddit.

MaxBlaze, Jul 3, 2016 IP
  8. Alma C. Sanborn

Alma C. Sanborn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I also done Yahoo Answers before one year, I used to do it for various projects or clients who need Yahoo Answer backlinks. It is great way of generating traffic to your business, but for this it will take time or you have to cross the level 3 fastly so that you can acquire the links in your post. Yahoo answer needs patience to make your profile strong and for providing do-follow backlinks.

Alma C. Sanborn, Jul 3, 2016 IP
  9. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Mr_Kumar, Jul 5, 2016 IP