1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Like New Digital Point?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thundertoms, Jan 20, 2013.

1. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HostPlanz, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  2. PrometheusUK

PrometheusUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like the look and feel of the new site and think it's certainly easier on the eyes than the old, very dark site. Yeah, having to get 3 likes is a bit of a pain to begin with. I'm not sure whether this will cut down on the number of spammy posts in certain forums... I certainly hope so and if it does it will be worth the inconvenience of getting the likes.

PrometheusUK, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  3. love2all

love2all Member

Best Answers:
    I'm happy with this new changing in DP. Might be it help to reduce scams there.

love2all, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  4. fallen.star

fallen.star Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I liked it very much. It is more reliable and comfortable than before one. When i entered DP its like i entered a green world. Just amazing!

fallen.star, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  5. Shelley_c

Shelley_c Member

Best Answers:
    It's a vast improvement. The product out of the box over the previous product used at DP felt bloated, sluggish compared to now. Throw in the add-ons Shawn as built on top of the core and it's not short of exceptional and improvement 10 fold.

Aka - Liking the new look, the improved browsing experience alot.

Shelley_c, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  6. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the new digitalpoint is very cool. I like it, it will take a bit to get used to the new layout and design

soniqhost.com, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  7. abusschaert

abusschaert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Appearance isn't bad.... but the fact that i am not allowed to post in the marketplace.... again is a let down. back to the appearance... the thing i loved the most about the old DP was its appearance. This new one isn't terrible but i wouldn't have changed it.

abusschaert, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  8. ph1102

ph1102 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love the new look - looks so fresh an neat :)

ph1102, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Does not appear to be rendering correctly under Lynx on my Mac Plus, but other than that I guess its ok.

Mia, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  10. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I like it, just wish it was fluid width.

indyonline, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  11. D4JSP

D4JSP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lol you call this an upgrade? Forum is looks so unorganised, it's a complete joke and it's bloated with useless features/slow/ imo.

D4JSP, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  12. SentoWeb

SentoWeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The website is actually much faster now. Yes, there are some javascript problems, but I am sure they will be taken care of soon. The only new feature I dislike is the "Conversations" system, confusing.. I liked the classical PM system better, even though this is very similar.

SentoWeb, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  13. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Visually it seems nice, but the main part of digital point (In my opinion) is the BST section, and now I have to get 3 likes to start a new thread in it, quite troublesome

MIYABI, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  14. isababy

isababy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just signed back after being away for a few days. I think this will take some getting used to. But, this looks pretty neat.

isababy, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  15. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hate the changes now!!!!! maybe I'll grow accustomed to them. maybe

earlpearl, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  16. abusschaert

abusschaert Active Member

Best Answers:
    100% agree with you, it took me forever to start using it and now i have to wait again.... I think everyone that was above a peon before the update should get a pass on this... i have noticed the BST has been almost dead since the update

abusschaert, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  17. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I first logged to DP after the update, I felt awkward. But now I am getting used to the new DP and quite liking the features. Should we call the new DP as 'DP 2.0'?

seo_buzz, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  18. hasanoben

hasanoben Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been busy with my finals last few weeks but when i logged in today, I felt really awkward and really did not know what to do..
    But after getting used to it, It really does feel better..
    I guess I have to say good job to DP developers! :)

hasanoben, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  19. rupal_seo

rupal_seo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like new version, but older is very habitual for me so its take time.....:)

rupal_seo, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  20. puravidacr47

puravidacr47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In 1986 my first computer, tiny IBM, black on white DOS - who remembers? then in 1988 a MAC 2 -I think. and few years later - wow Windows made its entrance into my life. Changes, changes, changes. In between a multi-user system with Unix and Xenix...I think I am getting old(er). Then ebay, electronic payments sytems, mobile phones, and the list goes on. Changes, changes, and more changes. Do we like every change in our routine style lifes? Yes and No. Getting used to it and the internal willingness to accept the changes is the first step.
    First think I opened DP yesterday was, were is my rating, why can I not list, where are my infos, and I could write a long list of initial despair, frustration, anger and then started looking deeper into it, looking for the better part of the change.
    Our human brain mostly looks for the negative, and that's when some give up. There is always a spin to make a negative into a positive. Will it work for everything and for everybody - no, but with patience and deeper analysis we all will find the positive out of this.
    Maybe one positive will be, that many quick spammers and scammers now need to invest time and energy to be an interupting element in buying and selling here.
    Maybe a better kind of members will join and produce better results with more participation and use of so many categories here on this board. Now, past midnight, I gave my sermon and call it a good night to all readers. I hope you liked my post and gave you some thoughts into a positiive outlook. See you on the next posts. The force be with you.

puravidacr47, Jan 21, 2013 IP