1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Like New Digital Point?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thundertoms, Jan 20, 2013.

1. anika

anika Active Member

Best Answers:
    My main use of DP is to hire people I need for my site. I'm contributing to the site per se, without a buy/sell forums and the users who paid real money for those services. DP wouldn't be what is is today. Without a doubt, Buy/Sell forums is the most active ones and it is directly contributing to the livelihood of DP.

I hired at last 10+ people for various jobs over the years, never care about reputation, I think I got more reputation than 2. I don't see myself as spammer or a low quality member, I contribute direct cash ... which is more than many. So before you start your scatological diatribe, consider those who use the forum solely as a place to get business services and therefore contributing directly to DP.

anika, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Errr... Buy/Sell/Trade has nothing to do with our livelyhood. How much money have we made off you using it? Lol. Zero.

digitalpoint, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  3. jonasg

jonasg Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Indeed! It was time. :)

jonasg, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  4. anika

anika Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say zero ... as you are promoting "premium" membership and selling banner ads. Many of those who upgraded to premium are using it strictly as a business tool for the Buy/Sell forum. Also, the Buy/Sell forums are perhaps the most active forum on DP and are driving new users (5 years old) like me here and give me a reason to come back. Which brings traffic to DP for your banners ads and acquiring new premium memberships for those who sell on here or have the use for it.

Again, I'm not here to start a fight, if you said that thousands of users who use DP strictly because of the Buy/Sell forums and have contribute nothing to the site itself ever like myself. I trust your judgement and will try to get another like the long way so I can post and get my things done.

I myself have learned a lot of useful stuff by just looking at the Buy/Sell forums and am thankful for those
    who post there. This conversation ends here ... I will go contribute myself.

anika, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  5. greatlogix

greatlogix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well! We contribute here. you place ads (adsense, your own ad network) on content posted by us and earn living. I know DP is in the list of top adsense revenue generating sites. So buddy you are getting handsome amount every day only because of us even if we don't buy premium membership from you.

greatlogix, Jan 31, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  6. job_online

job_online Active Member

Best Answers:
    New DP look is great, new "Like" rules are complete disaster

job_online, Feb 1, 2013 IP
    Austech and anika like this.
  7. lovechocolatedreams

lovechocolatedreams Peon

Best Answers:
    It is looking awesome.

lovechocolatedreams, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  8. harman

harman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i like it,,but still confused about wht are the requirements to start a new thread ? :-\

harman, Feb 1, 2013 IP
    samanthalong likes this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've received at least 2 likes a day since the changeover. It's not hard, here is what you do:
    (1) Post a comment that members can agree with.
    (2) Give some useful advice that members can use.
    (3) Write something funny that makes people laugh.
    You might feel that #3 is a waste of time but if you can help to lighten the atmosphere with humor, then you are contributing in your own way. Good luck to you with this.:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really need anymore as I'm already established but thanks anyway.:)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  11. bosnianguru

bosnianguru Member

Best Answers:
    ya its good, could be better

bosnianguru, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  12. Brainxi

Brainxi Active Member

Best Answers:
    see a lot of ppl get problems with "like", new "Like" rules are completely nightmare:rolleyes:

Brainxi, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  13. Jenni Clark

Jenni Clark Banned

Best Answers:

Actually they have done brilliantly to increase the quality of the forums. Less low quality posts have been posted too which results in less work for mods. It's a win-win situation in reality.

Jenni Clark, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  14. tbucks

tbucks Member

Best Answers:
    The new "Like" rule is the best thing in the new DP.. This is a great barrier to the spammers/scammers here..

tbucks, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  15. Austech

Austech Member

Best Answers:
    I have gone from being a daily visitor to a twice a week visitor. In all honesty, I hate it.

Austech, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  16. nosoulninja

nosoulninja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Things I don't like, would like to see changed

1) The like system - I would personally do away with the whole system.
    2) Even time I click the DP logo it brings me to "home"... I want it to bring me to the forums like it used to do.
    3) I don't like the "rules", "advertising", and "Premium Membership" giant banner that is in the way... (anyway to remove this?)

nosoulninja, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  17. tbucks

tbucks Member

Best Answers:
    Simply click the "x button" on the upper right of it.. lol

tbucks, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  18. nosoulninja

nosoulninja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ah, thanks! I didn't realize that... never really scrolled over it to be honest, just ignored it looking for an "x" from the outside looking in!

nosoulninja, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  19. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Let me guess, you're wanting to post in BST and can't?
    So the owner should get rid of the system, not fight spam and low quality users and just let people completely drive this forum into the ground...?

indyonline, Feb 3, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  20. nosoulninja

nosoulninja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You couldn't be more wrong. I believe the previous rules were just as strict. They had a waiting period and a post count before you could post in BST. My point is what even warrants a "like"? Even if you help someone, it doesn't mean they will take the time to "like" your post...

I would love to make a thread in the BST thread. I would like to make a contest for a logo in which I pay for the logo and then receive the logo I purchased. Is that asking to much? Is that a spam thread? I had an account before this one (been a member here since 2009) but fr the life of me can't figure out the password and no longer use/have access to the email I signed up with so I made this account about a year ago. That other account has 9 positive feedback (100%) and yet only 1 "like"... makes sense.

Also using a "like" system doesn't get rid of spam... just check the posts above and you will see a few banned members already (presumably spam people just jumping their post count up).

I will admit I probably don't contribute as much as some people would like. I more or less use the forum when I need help (have questions, need extra cash and want to do a quick job for someone, need a logo, ext). It's not like I am going to rally up 3 "likes" real quick and once I do, then I can spam away in the BST thread ;)

PS: awesome avatar! haha

nosoulninja, Feb 3, 2013 IP