1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you know what Facebook is doing now???

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by DJTechEx, Sep 5, 2016.

Okay, have a listen to this story, "drama" I'm dealing with now...
    Goes like this:

So, I've had an account for over 8 years now, since I was practically a kid, and there are a lot of old stuff and old people I don't want to deal with no more, so I've decided to make a new account. But FIRST, I wanted to make sure some of my friends know about that so I made an account and then posted on my old account that I'm switching account, also I linked my new account to the post so people can add me. Friends started adding me, everything was fine. At least for a week. Then all of a sudden I could not acces my new account, facebook decided to block it. And there is a new 2015 policy, they asked me to send my government-issued ID with my photo and all the info... Yeah, I am a real person and I can confirm that's me so I did just that, I've sent my photo ID and then... Dead silence. No answers since then. Other than "We are reviewing your request...", and that was like a week ago. I waited and waited... Nothing.
    What mind-f*cked me the most was that the post on my old account was DELETED and there is no trace of it.

Now my question is... With what right can anyone disable an account without any notification or further investigation? AND delete the post on an account that somebody is using.
    I know at least a dozen of fake accounts that I can confirm me and at least 5 other people reported and they still exist... But it's a major problem for a person to have two accounts for only a month so he/she can migrate friends, some photos etc. to a new account.

And btw I was just in a process of deactivating my old account when the block occured. Just that day I intended to start using my new account.

I understand everything... Servers are getting full, they have to make sure to get rid of the duplication... But block someone without any notification, without even asking or investigating further? I can't comprehend that.

And now I can't contact anyone because Facebook made sure to get away from the users as much as possible, so no real person to contact. Only bots...
    Facebook 2016, you dissapoint me. No wonder so much people deactivate accounts daily.

DJTechEx, Sep 5, 2016 IP
  2. steveinid

steveinid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well... Facebook is a private organization. You think it is incomprehensible but I see it as a company that wants their product to be the best out there. Having duplicate accounts for the same person isn't putting out the best product they can. Notification may have been in order but they are dealing with MILLIONS of accounts. Cutting out the notification process probably saves them thousands of man-hours every month.

I have unfollowed all the people I don't want to deal with. I didn't unfriend them, just unfollowed. It works well enough.

steveinid, Sep 23, 2016 IP
  3. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    False, it's actually a publicly traded company.

Matthew Sayle, Sep 23, 2016 IP
  4. steveinid

steveinid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I meant private vs. government.

steveinid, Sep 23, 2016 IP