1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you jump on anything that’s new and hip on the market?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rspadi, Jul 5, 2006.

Especially newbies often make the mistake to jump from one make-money-online opportunity to the next without ever taking the time to do anything properly. But that’s just crazy. It’s already tough enough for someone new to Internet marketing to focus only on the very basics.

Trying to do Video, PodCasting, Audio, Google AdSense, SEO, RSS, this special marketing trick and that cool tool… all at once, just won’t get you anywhere. First you need to build a solid fundament for your online business.

I highly recommend to everyone new to the world of IM to master the basics first before trying any of the "fancier" stuff. Pick a strategy, write your plan… and follow through. That’s gonna be responsible for more than 70% of your long-term success:

* Use a few basic strategies to generate traffic
    * Build a targeted, profitable list
    * Develop a relationship with your subscriber – this makes your list responsive
    * Ask them what they want and give it to them

I know, it’s often difficult to resist all these enticing offers hitting your mailbox every day – but you simply have to put them aside and stay focused on your plan.

Take care.

Robert

rspadi, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  2. imagenesis

imagenesis Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont quite agree. I have a lot of spare time on my hands and the new internet fads can sometimes be profitable if you find a unique way to beat the competition.

imagenesis, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    But what they were saying is that doing them "all at once" just because they're the "in" thing isn't a good idea. If you have a lot of spare time on your hands, use it to create basic content for your site and master the basic internet marketing techniques first. Don't be a guinea pig for new technology until you've at least come to terms with the old.

And the original poster made a great point about creating a plan. I can't emphasize enough how important a marketing plan is for any business, and that includes any website you run with the hopes of making money.

Jenn

jhmattern, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  4. kimreal

kimreal Member

Best Answers:
    Im a newbie here,

I would like to ask, What is the Basics that i should be aware of?

*edit
    woah old thread, sorry for bringing it up

kimreal, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  5. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The basics of what exactly?
    When you have an idea, go for it, and jump in the niche before other people do.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  6. exodia

exodia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its case of evaluating whether it works or not..If it does why not hop on the bandwagon? but taking a blind leap is just dumb

exodia, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  7. toybreastcom

toybreastcom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The way to make money is to not jump on what's hit, jump on what's hit BEFORE they get hit. You have to be smart and know what will be successful before it is successful. Many people made MW3 sites before MW3 was even released, and their investment is paying off.

You have to research and know what is going to come out... or what will be new before it is new.

toybreastcom, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  8. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this a 100%. Don't just jump in and join the bandwagon simply because you have spare time or it's the "in" thing. I suggest spending your time building backlinks and adding content to your site. Or maybe master one or two SEO techniques so you won't have to have someone pay for it.

affilorama, Aug 25, 2011 IP