1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

do you have dial-up? could you help me please?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by belledumonde, Aug 16, 2006.

hello! im trying to optimize my gallery page for dialup users and your feedback on this would be very helpful :)

could you take a look at this page? when you see a thumbnail click on it right away, what happens? if you are directed to a page showing just the image, go back and wait for the whole page to load. then click on a thumbnail and view the images.

it would be great you could tell me the following:

1. your connection speed
    2. how long before something useful appeared on the page
    3. how long for all thumbnails to load
    4. how long for the whole page to load
    5. how long for each photo to load once you click on it
    6. is the gallery working nicely when you click next or previous?
    7. does it take unusually long even for dial-up? would you wait?

(answers can be in seconds or i think an even better way to answer would be "too long" "ok" "fast" etc, that way i know what its like for you.)

thanks, that would help a lot! :)

belledumonde, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  2. pher

pher Active Member

Best Answers:
    It loaded a new page with just the image. After going back and waiting, it worked as intended.

Connected at 52.0 Kbps

Roughly 15 seconds

18 seconds

19 seconds

Ranged from 7-12 seconds

Yes, but I never would have known there was a Next|Previous option if you didn't mention it. Might want to bring a little more attention to it's existence.

I didn't find the time to be unbearable. It was expected since I was dealing with photos.

pher, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  3. belledumonde

belledumonde Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you pher for taking the time to answer my questions!

it helps a lot!

if there is anyone else with slower connections or the same, it would really help if you could also tell me what viewing the gallery was like for you. then i could just have one gallery on my site instead of two.

im gonna see if i can get access to a dial-up connection at a friends and see for myself what its like.

thanks again! :)

belledumonde, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  4. belledumonde

belledumonde Peon

Best Answers:
    hello again! i was just wondering, if you had dial-up, would you prefer to view this page or this one? so far on my site i have the options for the viewer but if the high resolution gallery is ok on dial-up, i'll just use that and get rid of the second one.

i'd really appreciate more feedback on this one. thank you!

belledumonde, Aug 19, 2006 IP