1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you get link juice from URL's in content that are not linked?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dcristo, Nov 12, 2020.

I ask because I've discovered a blog has referenced my website in a post but is not physically linking out. I feel like Google would still count this in their algorithm. Has anyone done any tests to know for sure? I guess one thing to consider is reaching out to the blog and asking them if they could link to my website when referencing it.

dcristo, Nov 12, 2020 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the link is not live, there is no link juice flowing to it.

Oso Optimized, Nov 13, 2020 IP
  3. NeoWebs

NeoWebs Member

Best Answers:
    There isn't really any link juice flowing to your website, and as much as the mention might excite you, I wouldn't get carried away and fail to be a little opportunistic in pitching for a live link (especially if they are a big site). Even if it counted in the eyes of Google, I think you'll agree that it would be better as a link. You really have an upper hand on getting a link from them, so why not get in touch, let them know how you appreciate and would even appreciate if they added a live link.

NeoWebs, Nov 21, 2020 IP