1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you get a 2nd chance after being delined by a publisher?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by eschumann, Mar 9, 2006.

Back in 2002 I applied to be a affiliate for mlb.com. I was rejected because my domain that I applied with had MLB in it and they viewed this as copywrite issues.

Fast forward to 2006 now. I still have the same CJ account that I have had since 2000. Problem is I now have a new sports site. I want to be a publisher for mlb.com on my new sports site but I can not even apply now.

When I am logged into cj and do a search for mlb.com there and try to apply for there program I get this now:

MLB.com Affiliates : Your application has been declined by this advertiser for one or more reasons. If you have a question please contact the advertiser through advertisers detail page within the account manager.

That just pops up instantly. They did not want my first site because it had MLB in the domain name, there is nothing wrong with this domain name at all, they would accept it I have no doubt.

I am currently using other advertisers that sell similar items and making several hundred/month in cj but I can not help but to think about how much more I could have.

Does anyone know a work around to this?

I emailed mlb.com, no response.

Emailed cj, they say they have no say so over why you are disapproved. I do not think they understood the situation. I have a new site completely that would push them sales, they would approve this site I just can not get them to see it.

Only option I can think of is create another cj account just for mlb.com. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

eschumann, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes,

Normally you have a 2nd, 3rd... chance for a advertiser.

Probably this mlb.com put you on his "auto decline list" (blacklist) so you are automatically declined instead of his manual list (i just apply to check here from Brazil and they mlb.com looks like don't has country restriction on his auto-restrictions)

But they should at least reply to your email.

I have several cases that I have been denied and accept only 2 months on a reapply later and you are talking about 4 years!

give a time to mlb.com to reply you contact - try to insist and emails them again - but always be very professional and cool - do not be angry and emotional.

if they do not reply: contact CJ and report it - you can not complain against mlb.com if they do not want business with you but I think CJ want to know that an advertiser do not answer a publisher emails.

and eschumann,

There are a lot of other better advertises there, take a look and you will find better EPC and nice one that answer your emails.

Micromag, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  3. eschumann

eschumann Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for you help!

eschumann, Mar 10, 2006 IP