1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you face this thing with phpbb?

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by glitto, Sep 12, 2008.

I recently made a new forum using phpbb software. I have set the "new registrations by Users" so that they will have to activate their account through the activation email the system automatically sends to them.

But I have heard some complaints from some members and my friends that they didn't get any activation email? :confused:

If such thing happens, as an administrator, what can I do? because I don't send the emails, it is the system that automatically send the emails?

What should I do to solve this problem? Please guide me.

Thanks

glitto, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  2. bubbakush

bubbakush Guest

Best Answers:
    its been a bit since i used phpbb but you will have to check your mail settings,you may be having issues with the php mail function sending out an email,you can try to set your own smtp server settings for email settings.

bubbakush, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  3. Syfonic

Syfonic Peon

Best Answers:
    That probably has more to do with your server than it does with phpBB.

Syfonic, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  4. Bhuntay

Bhuntay Banned

Best Answers:
    By default phpBb uses send mail to send email messages, for guaranteed sending of email address from your board use a SMTP :)

Bhuntay, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  5. kailash

kailash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems that your host doesn't allow to send mail using php mail function. Use SMTP authentication to send activation mail. It should fix your problem.

Kailash

kailash, Sep 15, 2008 IP