1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you consider Bing as a Fail ?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by mimozo, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Articles Arthors

Articles Arthors Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Me too, that's about all it's good for really. Sometimes it will automatically come up and I will use it, but it doesn't give me the results I want so I end up clicking back to Google Chrome.

Articles Arthors, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  2. monkeye

monkeye Active Member

Best Answers:
  3. majamkd

majamkd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can't say they are a fail, but to be realistic they cant compete with google. Google is a brand and has created some sort of monopoly. Bing is just a regular search engine on different level. But Bing is decent search engine if you use it.

majamkd, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that Bing is not a fail when it comes to search and when it comes to decent home page Bing has more creativity compared to Google.

KylieSweet, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  5. imageblur

imageblur Member

Best Answers:
    not a 100% fail.

imageblur, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  6. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as search is concerned, BING is a massive fail.
    3 weeks after I launched site, Bing has crawled 2 of the 7 pages and indexed none. It has indexed a page describing my domain for some reason. It is able to read my domain and robots has not blocked it. Submitting sitemaps hasn't worked.
    Google, on th other hand, with just a submission of the homepage, took it in in under a few hours, without registering on Google Webmasters. Submitting my sitemap, my website was the first result by name on the search results page. All in a week.

rsrikanth05, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  7. cmthompson22

cmthompson22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually use Bing quite a bit to get the things done that I need. I like that it is simple and that the results are much better than what I find with other products. I don’t know about other users, but I really enjoy it. I work online and have to do a lot of different searching things in order to get the work done and to find what I need. While I used to be a Google fan, I am finding that Google is not as good with finding the things that I need. Where I used to have to search through several pages in order to get what I wanted for a project, I am able to find it usually on the first page with Bing and often within the first few searchers on the page.

I know a lot of people do not like Bing, but I seem to have a lot of luck with Bing as well as other Microsoft products that others do not like. For example, I used Vista for a long time in college and everyone thought I was crazy. It was one of my favorites. But then when I use stuff that people love, it does not work as well for me. Maybe bad things just like more for some reason.

I feel like people may know how to get around the Google system a bit too much now. They know how to get the keywords in place and make their page top of the search. They can get people there and make more money, but they might not be what the searcher is looking for in the long term. This is going to hurt them as people move to different sites, like I did with Bing, instead of just searching. But I do see the point because people use Google and other sites to make money on their domain name.

So for now, I do use Bing and think it is a great product. I do not plan to change because it has suited my needs so far. Of course, I do not see this as a failure since I am using it often.

cmthompson22, Jul 29, 2015 IP