1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you consider Bing as a Fail ?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by mimozo, Apr 9, 2013.

Hi

Microsoft annnounced the project as a revolution in the Search domain which can compete with google , but Bing doesnt satisfate alot of users , and it was defrauding alot of internauts.
    Personnaly I never used it to search on the web

Do you consider it as a Fail ?

mimozo, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  2. patriciaaj

patriciaaj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use Bing only to search images :D

patriciaaj, Apr 10, 2013 IP
    imranamen6 and hakkimone like this.
  3. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bing takes a time to index new webpage whereas google not. This is a great feedback from webmasters. Without submit sitemap to google , it takes more web pages but Bing not.

humtuma, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  4. RoguePyro

RoguePyro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say they are a fail, they just realistically cant compete against google. Google has created a brand name for themselves, by offering hundreds of different services. Bing is pretty much just a search engine. They're just on different levels.

RoguePyro, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  5. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you instinctively say to your friend when you want to search the web for an answer,
    "Just Bing it"
    Oh no wait thats not right... lol
    Nah, I think that Bing does well because it is the default when you buy a Windows PC and with a lot of older users they never learn to change the tool bar browser settings and I guess Bing does work.
    But as competing with Google nahhh, thats never going to happen. The only time I get to bing is by Google'ing "Bing" just goes to show...

shteca, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  6. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I live in Hawaii and use Hulu almost exclusively for my TV service and have noticed that Bing is bombing ads for itself lately. I default to using Google for most searches, just like I default to Amazon and to eBay for looking at products to buy or to comparison shop. Frankly, for anyone to compete with Google will be hard because they have built a track record and the infrastructure. That said, I am willing to Bing for a bit and do a comparison. In fact, I think I will run that little trial today while I am on line.

Today...whenever I think of it...I will look stuff up on Google and on Bing and compare the responses and see what happens. I know Bing is trying to earn market share and is certainly trying hard. I think having a second option is always good, so I hope Bing does well.

Lynn

Lynn C, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  7. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i see Bing results are getting better than Google. I search for images on Bing and also for things which google do not give better results then i go to bing. i think bing will hold up the search engine market because google is now busy making mobile applications and maps :D

And interestingly my website results are better on Bing when compared to that of google.

imranamen6, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  8. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I almost consider it as a fail products, but after read 2 posts above, I need to research about image searching in bing..

bluebenz, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  9. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have come to this conclusion after searching for wallpapers. Most of the images in google are of small sizes but the bing image search is a lot more better they are providing a slider of images.

Let google be busy with there Animal Updates "Giraffe, Gorilla, Panda, Penguin" And at last Doggy Style for webmasters :))

imranamen6, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  10. abdobasha2004

abdobasha2004 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1- slow
    2- bad results
    3- results appear more "sponsored" like bing favour some site for money not content

=

FAIL

abdobasha2004, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  11. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    LOL... I think you did not made a small research before coming to speak over here.

I have made a simple search for a keyword like "Send Flowers" in both Bing and Google now tell me who look more like who favour money not content.

imranamen6, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  12. tekkers

tekkers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    from our analytics bing has about 5% of visit referrals however in the uk the bing local results are powered by an obsolete third party provider which makes it very out of date for bing local results

tekkers, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  13. OfficialRTS

OfficialRTS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is another arm of microsoft, it didnt take out google but it doesnt need to. Its provides money to microsoft and is profitable. Also it diversifys microsofts investments such as windows, xbox, IE etc...

OfficialRTS, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  14. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't consider Bing a failure, however I don't think it'll ever overtake Google. I think it's possible for them to become an equivalent one day, but definitely not anytime soon.

cronik, Apr 25, 2013 IP
    obay likes this.
  15. lorienm

lorienm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I remember when Microsoft was simply Dos and the Windows operating system on those big floppy disks. There were a lot of them. That was then, and this is now. With the advent of Bing, Microsoft is doing what it has to do, and do it well. Compete. Bing isn't a failure, but it is struggling and I don't know if it will overtake Google.

lorienm, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  16. edvaldingham

edvaldingham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, Bing its not a fail in fact I used sometimes as an alternative to Google and Yahoo.

edvaldingham, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  17. Williamtsp81

Williamtsp81 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got no much comments for Bing since i never try it out for searching.i am used to Google for everything in my life.It might not the best search engines but its just a personal habits.

Williamtsp81, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  18. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me, Bing is not a failure. I use it often as an alternative to Google and it also works for me.

Andy01, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  19. cathaylist.com

cathaylist.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure how to decide Bing is fail or not.
    I almost not use Bing for searching stuff.
    Since Bing is a search engine, I think they need to work harder.

cathaylist.com, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  20. roset03

roset03 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Chandler BING

roset03, Aug 23, 2013 IP