1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I wish this all could be seen not as a polemical battle with winners and losers, but as a humble search for truth.

northpointaiki, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  2. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    if the earth is really 6000 years old and that we walked with dinosaurs then where are the human bones from that era? so much BS in religion. The great thing about science is that nothing is written in stone, unlike religion we can change things about our theories.

I'll give it 50-100 years before religion in civilized countries is a minority.

Also just look at some of the natural signs of earths age. like the grand canyon for example.. you really think something that big can be carved out by water in just 6,000 years? what about when the earth was just one huge continent. Thats been proven to be fact and you can even look at a map and line up some of the pieces of the continents like a puzzle. After 2,000+ years of the bible the continents probably haven't moved one inch now you want me to believe that within the missing 4,000 year period that the huge continent broke up within 4,000 years?

Please, who ever believes in that crap is a joke and the fact that so many do is just how simple minded people are who believe in religion. use common sense. i know most of those people arn't stupid but they believe anything they hear out of those loony preachers.

killafawk, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  3. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    You really should educate yourself a little more before spouting off things you know nothing about.

1. There is evidence that man walked with dinosaurs - here are just a few examples - http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino-fossils.htm

2. The fact that science cant be written in stone is the reason it consists of so many mistakes. For example the carbon dating methods. they are full of assumptions. as in you have to assume the earth conditions were the same then as it is now. If you believe a change as great as a molecule of slime, transforming into a human over millions of years, what make scientist think the know what the earth was like. It would be imposable, it would be something totally different.

3. When Mt. St. Helen erupted, it formed a similar canyon to the grand canyon, about q 1/4 scale. But it happened in a very short period of time. view more here - http://drdino.com/articles.php?spec=7

4. if im not mistaken, aren't all the continents connected now? you know under that mighty ocean still lies land. Besides, Even scientists aren't convinced, some continents seem to fit, but there are also major missing pieces.

5. The fact that so many people believe it should tell you something on its own. We have faith, but most of us have it for a reason. God is true my friend and ive seen his work in my life and in others. He is not just some person in the sky. We have a relationship with him, and he is a presence in our lives at all times. Truth is unbelievers are the ones with simple minds. They can not understand the word of God.

sb1234, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  4. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol i hate arguing with you because your so stupified by religion. And i can't believe you showed me that crap shoot website. I could create all those things in my back yard in 1 hour. that doesn't prove anything. why do they have limited proof? oh i thought we were everywhere walking around with dinosaurs. yet we only have like 10 things to prove we were. Pleease thats when you know you religious fanatics are desperate is when you start pulling shit outta your asses.

"2. The fact that science cant be written in stone is the reason it consists of so many mistakes. For example the carbon dating methods. they are full of assumptions. as in you have to assume the earth conditions were the same then as it is now. If you believe a change as great as a molecule of slime, transforming into a human over millions of years, what make scientist think the know what the earth was like. It would be imposable, it would be something totally different. "

Hmm because we can admit mistakes and correct them is a flaw for science? lol i should slap you right now. Science is based on theory and testing the theory. oh im sorry you religious fanatics can't think that way because you have nothing to prove. its all an article of faith and most of it can't be proven. And look at bacteria and diseases, the flu for example can probably never be cured because it evolves to handle different medicine anti cures. most all single cell organisms reproduce, you were living proof of cells reproducing to make you. You started out as a single cell.

"3. When Mt. St. Helen erupted, it formed a similar canyon to the grand canyon, about q 1/4 scale. But it happened in a very short period of time. view more here - http://drdino.com/articles.php?spec=7"

another stupid response, i don't see a volcano anywhere near the grand canyon do you? I don't see signs of there ever being a volcano near the grand canyon do you? Nobody has ever seen a canyon created by a volcano that spans over 277 miles have you?

So your point is invalid and of course non-sense. You need to do research before you try and play in the real world not your fiction world. And don't even try and say " oh well maybe it was something else like an earth quake!" seriously if you do ill honestly fly to your house and slap you across the face for being so stupid.

"if im not mistaken, aren't all the continents connected now? you know under that mighty ocean still lies land. "

thats the stupidest thing i ever heard. of course theres land under neath the oceans we are living on a huge rock you tard, its not like we can swim to china through the ocean. And there is more to the one continent thing than just they fit. There are some animals that were found in some areas that now live in only one place or did live in one place and when the land broke apart they were cut off from the main land. There are tons of other ideas that support this, seeing how its being teached in our schools means theres some good evidence to back it up.

"5. The fact that so many people believe it should tell you something on its own. We have faith, but most of us have it for a reason. God is true my friend and ive seen his work in my life and in others. He is not just some person in the sky. We have a relationship with him, and he is a presence in our lives at all times. Truth is unbelievers are the ones with simple minds. They can not understand the word of God."

The fact that so many believe in what? God or gods? there have probably been more people who believed in "gods" over the lifetime of man than your religion. And believing in god doesn't proof jack squat. Every human has the need to want to belong or have a purpose. If nobody believed in any kind of god then the world would be chaotic there will be no reason and no purpose to follow rules or laws. Its just a tool to control the masses and you are proof of that. you are a rat on a leesh. good job. :D

5. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Just another wasted argument, it seems all evolutionist can do is hide behind their so called superior intelligence, by calling all those that oppose them stupid. I have pointed out quite a bit of evidence, and your rebuttal is... "well your stupid"

I agree with one thing you said, science is theory, and consist of errors, that are changed as they are found. This is why to hear you guys debate on here like you know it all, is really pathetic. What you know now (under your own admission) could change tomorrow. So don't call me stupid because because i believe the one book that has never changed its mind. And has never been proved wrong. Thats right you heard it correct. What i believe has been believed for thousands of years, and never been proven wrong. What you believe changes every 5 minutes.

sb1234, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  6. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh seems i just proved all your little theories irrelevant now you play the oh yeah i believe in something card. good game nice try though, insert 2 coins and try again. lol

7. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    You didnt even touch what i pointed out for example:

1. I give examples of evidence men walked with dinosaurs
    your response: well you only have 10 things

Not sure how that disproves anything. thats a lot more proof then their is for evolution, lets see....how much real evidence is there....Oh there none.

2. I say Science is flawed.
    your response: yes it is, but we change it when we find it

ummm, still did not disprove anything, matter of fact you agreed with me.

3. I pointed out that a similar canyon to the grand canyon was formed in just far less than a few million years.

your response: well their are no volcanoes near the grand canyon.

Quite honestly i never said a volcano caused it, i merely pointed out it was possible for it to be created in days rather than millions of years. And my actual belief for it was the global flood, not a small river over millions of years, but a great force of water over just a short bit of time. Still you did not disprove anything.

4. I say that the continents are still connected.
    you response: Duh you tard (more or less)

Truth is you only pointed out more assumptions with no evidence, but at the same time you called me a "tard" for saying that the continents were connected. When you were the one that said they were not.

5. We wont go here because you have no understanding of the topic.

sb1234, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  8. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    and your a tard for the second time. no intelligence which is typical of religious fanatics. your done. how old are you btw sounds like you need more schooling.

9. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    You still have said nothing, Im afraid your are the one without knowledge. The site i posted was from a credited scientist. So I understand why you have to bash it. As far a my education and my age, I am a 29 year old engineering technician, with enough education to know im talking to a child when i see the immature name calling. You have typed 1000 words and only agreed with me in the end. Perhaps you should try your luck in the entertainment forum i think debate is not your best quality.

sb1234, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  10. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    engineering technician no wonder! Your basically a lab rat in the engineering industry i don't even have to say anything more you just ended it for yourself lol.

11. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Call me what you will. I live in peace through God. I fear none but the lord. When the time comes you too will call his name, but he will not answer.

I think through whats been posted, its pretty apparent your argument was weak. So if you were to say no more, it would be as if you never spoke anyway.

sb1234, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  12. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    blah blah let me talk more religion because thats all i have. clearly thats what your saying in your little verse. You can't prove anything so im just gonna believe in god and recite verses to prove my facts for me. Do you read why you type? honestly read a book please.

13. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Its not all i have, but it is all i need. Your like a bully that picks on someone, just to make yourself feel better. Problem is your not very good at it, you seem to be making your self look worse.

sb1234, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  14. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats funny a look at all your past posts just proves my point your a tard. thanks for trying though :D

15. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    And you are 12

sb1234, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  16. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    poor guy, run out of bible quotes lmao..

17. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Your not worth it. Your haven't the capability of comprehending the type of things i could tell you. And God tells us not to give that which is holy to Dogs, And every time you make a post it sounds like a dirty wet dog barking in my ear. Good luck with your beliefs, and i hope you open your mind soon

sb1234, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  18. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh my god is this the first time a religious fanatic has given up on trying to convert someone! OH MY! whats wrong the faith isn't strong with you today?! hahaha

19. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe in pre-election, not that you have a clue what that is, but those not in the book of life will be destroyed to express Gods wrath and to glorify his name. You my friend i believe will give God glory through you eternal burning in hell.

sb1234, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  20. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    ooo thats not very christian of you is it! shame shame your not a real Christian are you! because obviously real christians never stoop that low hehehehe i guess i figured you out. :D