1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who said it did? I only addressed your points. if you are so fragile that you can't handle people saying you are wrong without taking it as some kind of personal attack i suggest you stop posting your opinions in a forum.

stOx, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  2. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    No StOX - I wasn't talking about you I was talking about the mocking pages back about anyone who isn't "SMART" enough to be an evolutionist -

alstar70, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  3. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is the best post of the whole thread! :D

astup1didiot, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  4. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed lpxxfaintxx , i believe in evolution but there is a difference between evolution from natural selection and evolution from designed intelligence.

Take a look at this video where a super proponent of evolution from natural selection who was one of the top scientists in the world(i believe also a winner of the nobel prize in his field) begins to doubt his own belief in natural selection and starts to believe that there must have been some kind of organized intelligent design to form life. An amazing video.

http://powerflv.com/play2?cat=Docum...gent+Design+-+Unlocking+The+Mysteries+Of+Life

pingpong123, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  5. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    If i could prove that the earth was a young earth, that would disprove evolution right? Doesn't evolution require a few billion years?

sb1234, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  6. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Look im christian but im not ignorant enough to go against carbon dating which not one christian fundamentalist can disprove(not one!!!). Like i said before i believe in evolution through intelligent design which to me shows gands handprints all over life and in the universe as we know it. sb1234 if you can disprove carbon dating then u will become a trillionaire and man of the century lol, but we all know carbon dating is based on scientific fact, and since when are u as a christian or from any religion are supposed to go against science and reason because u believe in god????????

God proves that these scientific laws didnt just magically appear by randon chance. Its retarded to believe that anything in this universe could have happened by accident looooooooooooooooooooool.

7. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats the only real proof of evolution yet.

clinton, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  8. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    When i post the results from my study on the age of the earth you may not feel the same about carbon dating, seems it is actually quite unreliable, under many circumstances.

A Christian believes the bible, the bible says God created Adam, not a cell. If you do not believe that, you are not a Christian.

sb1234, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  9. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is the problem with this debate, you can't prove its young, I can't prove it's old.

astup1didiot, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I`m sure John Kerrey would look better :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  11. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    SB1234, I have yet to meet one person that trasnlates the book of genisis literally that can prove that whole chapter. I am a christian and i dont translate the book of genesis literally.

I have a challenge for you then, Tell me how cain and able had chidlren, since you are a literal translator of the book of genisis. There is no where in the book of genisis that literally says where they had children and it never mentions that they had sex with their mother. This is why i say and many of my bible study teachers have said that the book of genisis was written not literally but conceptually.

Reading the bible isnt enough, you actually have tio understand it. God gave us brains for this. Remember this saying ?" god helps those that help themselves. When u say that i dont believe in the bible your really out in la-la land. I understand the bible as it was meant to be understood and my knowledge goes back into the history of the bible. Would u like to go there?

12. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Blog master Kerry and bush are both in the same mold lol. Im really starting to warm to Ron Paul and i might actually do something i have never done in my life and thats VOTE lol.

13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    not really, Bush is trying while Kerrey didn`t even have an opinion on his own or stood for anything.

Blogmaster, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  14. Strommy

Strommy Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel the need to enter into this discussion not only to share my opinion, but to set right the things the apparent Catholics in this discussion have said.

First of all, the Catholic Church does not have a standing on the theory of evolution. All Christian denominations believe human life was started by God. When reading the Bible, a person must read it contextually. No where does it say exactly what the human being looks like. It says they were created in the image and likeness of God. That being said, the Catholic Church does not deny the possibility that the human body has changed or evolved in ways to better fit its environment. The Catholic Church does say however that the human soul has NOT changed or evolved. If that were to happen, we would no longer be in the image and likeness of God, we would be an offshoot.

The Catholic Church DOES however have a standing on the theory of Agnostic evolution. That standing is of course that the theory of Agnostic evolution is false. As said before, Christian denominations all believe life was created by God.

The lack of making good distinctions is what leads to most arguments, including arguments about evolution. If you are any religion but Agnostic, you can still believe in evolution without going against your religion. You just have to discern between the spiritual body (our souls) and the physical body. My personal thoughts? Being the Catholic I am, I do believe I soul has remained unchanged for all of time but I do believe the body has evolved to conquer the various consequences man has made for himself in the alteration of our environment.

Strommy, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What you gonna do? Quote the bible?

stOx, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  16. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster , do u truely beleive that bush is doing anything? I have said it before and will say it again, the office of the presidency is basically a figure head post. It would take a man with real guts to change this and start to fullfill the will of the american people as the office of teh presidency was intended to accomplish when it was formed by our founding fathers.

As i said before there is no proof that there were wmd's bush is just doing as he is being told. Do you really believe he has 1/100th the brain power that his daddy has?

pingpong123, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  17. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've become a unbeliever in evolution theory after watching "The Privileged Planet"

Before watching this documentary on YouTube, I was a firm advocate of Evolution. But now I feel otherwise...

gauharjk, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  18. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Great video, shows what a rare and special world we live in

sb1234, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What exactly made you change your mind?

stOx, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  20. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    If i may,

If you watch it you will realize how perfect everything is. If the location of our planet was off just a degree, we wouldn't exist. If the earth was not the exact size it is now, we wouldn't exist. Thousands of details like this, show how impossible it is to just happen into existence. If you watch the video and still deny that their has to be a God, then your just lieng to yourself

sb1234, Nov 8, 2007 IP