1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do $X,xxx Adsense Earners Get Complacent?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Burta, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    What about merchandise? I actually have a site where you can sell merchandise - t-shirts, hats, logos, bumper stickers, that sort of good stuff - and I think most of the people on this website don't have this, they have more pages where the internet is the ends AND the means, while for me it's just the means.

Dan Kenitz, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  2. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of merchandise is it? Is it the sort of promotional merchandise so that you can promote a business. If so then this can work aswell for some businesses. I must admit though that for alot of online websites that make their money just from their website is less likely to do aswell promoting offline than online.

The main reason for this is because when you actually see a link on a promotional product that is offline then you normally take a glance at it and don't really bother writing it down or you may even write the link down and forget to look at it.

With advertising online then you are directly putting your site in front of people that are on the Internet for one reason and this is to serve the Web and to visit sites.

So for many websites that doesn't do any of their business offline, online can and is normally the best place for their advertising methods.

john269, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  3. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    I meant merchandise as a source of income, beyond the advertising you place on your site.

Dan Kenitz, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  4. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Merchandise is probably alot better than affiliate programs. If you actually sell products on your site then you can earn alot of money and if you do it right then you can become rather big in no time at all.

The only problem with directly selling merchandise is that you have to deal with the customers issues yourself so you have another thing to have to deal with.

But what's good about selling merchandise is that you can create a good affiliate program so that you can get others doing most of your selling work.

john269, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  5. Market-Trend

Market-Trend Peon

Best Answers:
    An interesting post here about dealing with customers directly & the problems it can cause small businesses especially in the early days......

http://talkfinances.com/about87.html

Market-Trend, Apr 27, 2006 IP