1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do $X,xxx Adsense Earners Get Complacent?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Burta, Apr 10, 2006.

1. ontheweb

ontheweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you think the next 500 was easier to gain because you could drive traffic to the new sites from the sites you made your first 500 with? Or is it simply because you knew more about page creation/maintenance techniques, SEO, ad positioning etc?

ontheweb, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  2. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    You guys aren't stressing a VITALLY important point here, IMO.

Read enough books on success, and you'll discover that success usually follows a "J-curve," or mathematical exponential curve. This is why most people don't really succeed - they're not willing to stick it out in the shallow end of the pool before the big improvements start happening.

This is the effect people are seeing after getting a lot of money per day on adsense. What they choose to do with their success is their own choice.

Dan Kenitz, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  3. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, let it. Concentrate on one thing at a time. It's a good way to go about it. You can't serve two masters at once, after all.

4. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I am doing. I have had no girls in my life for about 4 years now. My main goal is to do well and bring in a wealthy income. Once I have done this then I will do less hours and spend more time with girls plus also enjoy life a bit more.

I am already enjoying it now as I work for myself online and not for others so the more that I work the more that I will earn.

But once I start bringing in around $1,000 or more a day then I will start cutting down the hours online and get more people working for me and then start enjoying life even more.

john269, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  5. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    Awesome. That's what I'm totally after, although my website will also be somewhat of an excention of me (ala Tuckermax.com or something).

For my own fun, a grand a day is:
    365,000 dollars a year. Sweetness.

I'm 21 and about to graduate college, and I want to work for myself, on my website, as soon as humanly possible. Any advice?

My site is www.bipolarnation.com

6. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Starting young is quite good as you generally don't have as much out going costs as you normally would not have a children to keep, a mortgage on a house etc.

I started when I was around 20 years old and have been doing it for 4 years now. I am not quite reaching $1,000 a day, but I have very big plans that could get me nearer that way.

It has taken me a lot of work though and many of hours a day. Some days I have done something like 30 hours flat out none stop.

But now I am getting alot more sleep and have cut my hours back a little.

But hopefully either sometime this summer or next summer I will be able to work normal full time hours and sometimes even part time.

john269, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  7. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    Totally agreed. Don't plan on getting married for like ten years.

8. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    Would you mind if I e-mailed you and picked your brain, asked you what you learned about promotion, construction, and everything? I'm trying to ask everyone I meet on here.

9. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have not really got much time, and I don't really like giving to much information about how I have done my success as this normally brings me more competitors in general.

But I guess that if you PMed me then I could tell you a little. I don't know if it would be of any use though as what I know has all been mentioned before in the forums accrossed the Web.

Anyway, my success is mainly down to the following:

1. Learn html, php, sql and other general programming languages. This is a big advantage. Without knowing this then you have a big disadvantage as you would have to pay for someone to do it and if something goes down or someting happened to your site then you will have to find someone to fix it instead of you doing it straight away.

2. Don't keep all of your eggs in one basket, this includes your revenue sources and also your advertising. For example, never have only one source of revenue from like Adsense, don't just have one site just incase something happens to it but then also don't have to many as you won't be able to maintain them that easily, don't really on one advertising source like free advertising from Google as you never know you could get banned one day like I had done in the past for something that I didn't know about.

3. Make sure you advertise your site accrossed the web. The more places you advertise your site the better. The Web is full of pages. Google has over 8 billion pages alone. Now think about buying one ticket from a raffle and then what is the chances of you winining the raffle when there are also about 300 other tickets in the same raffle. The more tickets you buy the more chance your ticket will get picked.

This is just the same as advertising. The more places you advertise the more exposure your links will receive and the more traffic you are likely to get. Avoid all of them spamming and useless places though. Some of these include surf for traffic sites, buying 10,000 uniques for $19.99, etc.

4. What ever you do, don't give in. If you find that you have no success then keep trying other ideas. Giving in is just for people that really haven't got much of an interest anyway or have not got much time on their hands. If you give in or don't have much time then you have less chance of succeeding. The more time you spend on doing your work the quicker and the more chance of you earning money.

5. Setting goals. This is very important. You have to really set goals. Don't go a bit beyond. Set goals that you know you may meet and not goals that you have no chance of meeting. If you are earning something like $20 a month then tell yourself that you have to try and work a little harder so that you can try and get it to about $25 dollars by the next month.

6. When you make money from your website, then what ever you do, don't keep all of the money. It is good making money from your business / websites, but if you really want to succeed then you must invest a percentage of it back into your website / business. Doing this will mean that you will grow quicker and better.

Where you spend it depends on you, but spend it wisely. Don't forget that this is your website / business that you won't to improve and not your competitors, so spending the money back into your business in a good way can help alot. The amount of money you invest back into the business is up to you, but the more the better. I invest anywhere from 50% to 75% back into my business.

john269, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  10. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Time, family, g/f, wife, football.

Seiya, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  11. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Girlfriend AND a wife?! Dude, you have tooooooooooo much time on your hands..lmfao

TCR, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  12. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Nono that came out wrong, i meant some people have a g/f some have a wife. I have a g/f , lol.

Seiya, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  13. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Dan Kenitz, there is loads of information all over these forums - and more than enough to spark some great ideas for you and your future earnings, it is a bit much for any one person to sit down and explain the whole game to you - plus most people consider "spilling all the beans" to be a bit like inviting people to your own funeral. What works for some wouldn't work if everyone was doing it, because at the end of the day Adsense is supply and demand, and the last thing website owners want is the supply for their niches or services to go up - because that only pushes the prices down. That said there are loads of threads that have great insights and it could take your days and days to read through them all - so I suggest starting sooner rather than later. Alternatively you could always invest in an ebook - there are loads out there that condense everything into a hundred pages or so, which is a great way to learn without going to look for the information.

I don't know if this is particularly relevent when it comes to adsense because there generally isn't a depression before a rise. Generally you just start low and spend your time rising (if you know what you are doing and work at it). Plus the point of this thread is that this rise isn't one that just keeps continuing... it actually plateus as many people find their resources stretch (mainly time by the sounds of it) which is the main point of this thread.

Burta, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  14. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What I have written above in my quite long article type written post was for affiliate programs in general that included Adsense and was not just based on Adsense. But anyway, it will give you a little insight to some of the things that I and many other successful online site owners do when it comes to earning from their sites.

john269, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  15. tdnetworks

tdnetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Your post was very good and should save newbies some time that is looking for free advice. The part I like best was 6....

For me, it takes money to make money. The more money I make, the more I spend on trying to make more money. As long as you have positive margins I think you should never stop increasing the amount of money you invest.

tdnetworks, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  16. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the positive comments about my post.

I feel the same and know for a fact that it is something that works. Investing money into a business makes it more successful. The more you pump in and the quicker you do it the bigger you will become at a quicker rate.

john269, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  17. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Very insightful post, and I appreciate it.

18. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also liked the 6th point
    Yes. Its true, but what normally happens is that your revenue goes to doubles but your spendings doesn't go to double and I think thats where you start getting diminishing returns.

jimkarter, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  19. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    That's a nice point that you brought out. I guess the hard part is that most people never got past the point where they have enough to reinvest in their business. I know of some friends who are struggling just to get past $1 a day and from where they live, it barely covers their own living expenses.

People living in low cost areas have an inherent advantage. Those who are young with relatively low living expenses also have better chances. It is a fact that getting from $0 to $xxx a day needs organic growth, which takes time. So time is also an important factor.

It does appear that the initial learning curve and the time required to get to $xxx a day are the 2 major obstacles that cause most people to throw in the towel. But I can see that doesn't apply to people who post in this thread :D

projectw3, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  20. vprp

vprp Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that once you're making enough to earn $XX,XXX from AdSense, you could sell a lot of the inventory on your own. Sure, it takes more time on your part but you can cut out the middle man (Google) and earn more.

vprp, Apr 26, 2006 IP