1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do web directories work?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by qwikad.com, May 26, 2012.

1. kaibril

kaibril Member

Best Answers:
    It would be best to add your website on high page rank directories. It would work somehow.

kaibril, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  2. safdar_78

safdar_78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Only high pr and relevant to your Business or website category directories may help regarding improvement in ranking.

safdar_78, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  3. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    There are still some good directories that really work and are indexed on google. But you have to pay to add your website on those directories. You will find free directories. But those free directories don't work and are considered as spam to Google.

Anis Mizi, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  4. Apri1

Apri1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. This search was done 2 year ago. If I google 'directory' today it gives me
    About 671,000,000 results (0.28 seconds)
    It's 5 times less...

Apri1, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  5. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People are getting it wrong. A quality directory owner won't just stay and wait to get suggestions. He and his team will manually search for resources, quality website and will ad them into his directory. Besides, of course there's a review fee... but the concept of "OMG, I paid $50 you need to accept my site" is wrong. You pay for a human being's time and effort to browse you website and decide if it's worth to be listed or not. After all, a directory not fulfilling it's main purpose: to offer a comprehensive end-user experience - it's not a directory.

earticles, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  6. scottseo

scottseo Member

Best Answers:
    Dir is support for website make backlinks good for search result and get soon ranking .

scottseo, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  7. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The directories still works, just insert different detailes in each of them and don't duplicate content in any cases. FInd some good directories, don't insert the link anyway. Because web directories are still good to receive anchor texts and help you with pagerank.

laicen, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think web directories are not so popular today because there are lots of medium to be found on the internet to find what your are looking for like search engines, answering sites, blogs, etc. When it comes to web directories it will only provide you direct traffic from the the visitors.

KylieSweet, Jun 17, 2014 IP