1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do we have launchApp in Javascript function?

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by techielog, Sep 17, 2011.

I was looking at some html code and found they are launching some other page with javascript:launchapp('default','some text string')Is launchapp written by them or built in function?

techielog, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do it in IE, but not in any other browser, and not on a Linux computer. So unless it's for an intranet, or for your own use, you can't. (It's a security issue - only Microsoft is stupid enough to allow web pages to launch programs in the user's computer.)

Rukbat, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  3. kasp3r GHost

kasp3r GHost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I anderstand you correctly no you can not lunch apps in any language in js why ?????
    because it will hack alot of people if you visit a site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that not meen you can not lunch an exe file at all or for ever
    some Security researcher can find some vulnerabilities in that web browser such as google chroom and iexplor or any one
    this is a big probelm these vulnerabilities it's will be closed by the devlopers

kasp3r GHost, Aug 13, 2018 IP
  4. Foocux

Foocux Peon

Best Answers:
    That code will only work in IE, and then only when the page is opened locally - it will stop functioning when the page is uploaded to a webserver.

Running executables from inside html code is forbidden in browsers due to security reasons, and it will, as far as I am aware, never work in any browser except IE with that script.

Foocux, Sep 9, 2018 IP