1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u belive in God or Science?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by vjsinduja, Jun 14, 2009.

1. parkbeans

parkbeans Peon

Best Answers:
    God is a God of science!

parkbeans, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  2. Reyuken

Reyuken Peon

Best Answers:
    Science for me, but somewhere i believe there must have been something Godlike.

Reyuken, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  3. greggypetty

greggypetty Peon

Best Answers:
    This instantly brings to mind this, minus the ridiculous advertisement.
    [video=youtube;VsOPiH-xbRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsOPiH-xbRs&feature=related[/video]

greggypetty, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  4. seaneking

seaneking Guest

Best Answers:
    Personally, I can't bring myself to believe there is a divine power, or whatever you wish to call it, up there playing with the universe. Not because it can't possibly be true, but because I don't think it would help me. And that is the only reason I think any religion should be adhered to, if it empowers you, or helps you in some way, then it serves an amazing purpose. Fact is, we can never know for sure what exactly happened, so I just choose to believe whatever makes more sense to how I live, and that is that I have complete control, and am completely responsible, for everything in my life, therefore, following that backwards, humanity grew out of science, not religion.

seaneking, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  5. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    I think that the universe just doesn't make sense without a God. The whole idea of cause and effect that is given by science falls apart when you ask the question, 'how did it all begin'? There must have been something that started it all off, which I believe to be a 'God' of sorts. Not neccessarily God as described by Christianity or other faiths, but a God none the less. I also believe in dualism, which separates the physical world from the mind and opens new doors to God's existance, and a realm without the scientific laws as observed.

Hecky, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  6. sharperme33

sharperme33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    science emerged with advent of humans.and god is the creator of everything..

sharperme33, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  7. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have said this before to people. I believe in god but I know we mapped the human Geno fully in the year 2000. This told us over the next few years that we have 99.8% of the same genes as a chimpanzee and a monkey 99.5%. We almost have the same birth rates a chimpanzee based on females. We are basically defenseless as baby's in the mammal family. Lions and antelope etc come out of the womb ready to survive alot faster. This is because our brains take a good portion of time grow larger then other animals. Once we hit adulthood we are smarter then any other animal on the plant!

securesite, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  8. cool.guy

cool.guy Peon

Best Answers:
    I do believe in god but also in science.

cool.guy, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  9. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats all you can do. Dont judge one over the other but think of them as hand in hand.

securesite, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  10. madbaboonuk

madbaboonuk Peon

Best Answers:
    hey anyone can create life so arnt we all god? (i dont believe in god btw)

madbaboonuk, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  11. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I like to keep my mind open. So I believe in only something that I can trust, whether that be in religion or science. I list myself as agnostic, however I don't see how people can believe in x god. - Even though most of my family are Christian and I grew up in a Christian family/school. Take it for what you will, but why god? How did god exist? You can say the something about the universe, but what if it was all here in the first place? You can't really make the argument that because you can't explain the universe, that suddenly a god created it. When you can directly say it could have all already been here.

Though I don't know IMHO. Perhaps there is a god out there who created everything. Maybe I'll find out when I die.. :eek: I'd like to think there is an after life, the sooner I can get out of this hole, the better.

echo_unlimited, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  12. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Both .

And why isn't this in P&R ?

ApocalypseXL, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  13. noneed

noneed Active Member

Best Answers:
    One word "Almighty" He is the one who gave humans what it took to create science.

noneed, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  14. panteng

panteng Peon

Best Answers:
    can be considered... I like this statement. :-bd

panteng, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  15. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't believe in God. There's no rational explanation for his existence. Science means many different things, so I can't answer that one accurately right now.

EvanP, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  16. SI-Karthis

SI-Karthis Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe in God, but I still have so many questions unanswered. Science can not answer how the universe came to be, and it never will be able to. The Big Bang theory only attempts to explain as to how the universe came to what it is at the current state and time, it doesn't even attempt to explain the primeval, expanding atom came to existence. Religion offers a theory on the creation of the universe, not its expansion and legacy. I believe science and religion go hand in hand, and I often wonder if there is more than one "right" religion. I used to be a firm Christian believer, but now I've taken more to a Jewish view. Christianity itself creates too many problems within itself. The Bible states that the Hebrews are the chosen people of God, but they don't believe that Jesus Christ is the savior of man. Christians also believe in a 'Trinity', instead of a 'Unity', which creates more than a few questions. I find the Jewish faith to be the easiest to believe in as of now, however, I don't identify myself with any specific faith for now. I'm waiting for God to show me the answers to the questions I have and I won't make a decision as to my faith until that moment. The only thing I am certain of is that there is a God, just I'm not entirely sure how to follow Him.

More on subject, I don't see how science disproves or even diminishes the fact that there may or may not be a God. The more complicated and intricate life is, the more unlikely it is that it would have simply "happened". Perhaps the strongest argument science might have against religion is that life may be a complete 'accident'. Some of the greatest scientific breakthroughs occur through accidents.

I tend to think of science as the study of all things. Many think of science more as an explanation to life. Science can explain many things, but there are far more theories than facts. Time and space itself seem to break and bend under certain circumstances. The 'laws' we have come to know can also be broken under circumstances. Just because science states something as fact does not mean it can not be found otherwise as has been proven on several occasions, especially when dealing with studies and experiments into time and force.

Science is a fact as long as it isn't proven otherwise, and God exists so long as you want Him to.

SI-Karthis, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  17. l33tp4n3g3

l33tp4n3g3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely science. I My theory is that we're living in a stimulated reality similar to The Matrix. This stimulated reality is simply a computer program so real that we consider it real. When we die, the program will just keep running and we will go through while loops. While human is dead, another human will be born. Something like that. Even though we are living in The Matrix, it shouldn't change how we think of the world. The only thing we can do is move on and accept it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    l33tp4n3g3, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  18. Freedomday

Freedomday Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe in God!! Who else could create the fabulous detailing of colors on all the birds, the amazing color, detail of tiny petals on 100's of flowers to just mention a few wondrous creations?? Didn't God give a brain to each of us to use for as much as we can even if it's not always good? I'll not get on my soap box but DO have strong faith in GOD! As my intro said - blessings to all for 2011!

Freedomday, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  19. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, each of us have our own beliefs and opinion and here's mine: I don't believe either of the two.

alodia, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  20. withease

withease Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, pure science.

withease, Jan 21, 2011 IP