1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u belive in God or Science?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by vjsinduja, Jun 14, 2009.

1. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually we don't know the racial complexion of the original couple, but most likely the couple had the needed root melanin genes to develop into the various races. The variety of the human brain argument supports creation---ancient man was smarter and has since declined, hence the disagreements. If evolution were true there should be modern humans with brains, and modern humans who evolved with NO brains.

And, once again, it's you who keeps ignoring the difficulties and evidence that rebut evolution. Stop running and acknowledge it:

http://www.evolutionnews.org/2012/12/top_five_probl067431.html
    http://www.icr.org/article/202/
    http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/locke.html
    http://www.programmed-aging.org/theories/evolution_issues.html

melprise, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  2. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not talking about the origins of life. I am talking about evolution. We know that life can come from non life through experience. We don't know how it happened in real life and it's really hard do know it, but that is not the point. Evolution has happend for millions of years and is happening at the moment and in future. Our genes doesn't indicate common ancesters.

From my own logic how can 2 people populate the earth? Why are there so few retards, if we look at countries with long history of inbreading you get a lot of people with disabilites. Like in texas or finland, and are going to look more of the same not more different. My logic and rationality does'n digest what you propose to be true. If two people would create such variety of humans then that would prove evolution as well(variation and mutation of genes).

You can link creationst stuff all you want. Give me a reliable source of the same information and I will read it. I know that there are some parts of evolution that is unknow to us, but that doesn't mean evolution is wrong. Even if evolution was wrong, that doesn't prove god.
    By evolution simple life turns into more complex life and you can observe it in our world, by fossiles and other evidence. You want to say that people where smarter in past, but the technology advances because??? Technology advances couse we get smarter!!! The problem with stupid people is that there are more of stupid than smart people. Stupid people have more children than smart people. Stupid parents teach stupid stuff to their stupid offspring and thats how it goes down.

ram4nd, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  3. melprise

Best Answers:
    You're hopeless. The sources cited include (or focus on) problems with evolution as identified by reputable sources (non-creationists), you can't deal with it, so you retreat into saying that they aren't reliable. Clearly, any new sources presented to you would be treated the same way. Your variety of humans argument makes no sense, as diversity within the human race does not prove macroevolution BETWEEN races.

Technology now advances due to the quantity of people around to contribute to it, not due to their quality. And by process of elimination, if we did not derive from a naturalistic process, then we derived from a supernatural one, or God. Stupid parents teach secular mush to their kids, yes, which is why most homeschooled kids come from Christian homes, and out-perform their secular-schooled counterparts.

melprise, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  4. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I could do some research and disprove those claims, but I don't have the time. What is scientifically proven is true, that is the most reliable method of determinate what is true and what is not. Since evolution is supported by science, it's true. Religion is not supported by science so there is no point to believe in that until it's proven to be true.

I read the http://www.evolutionnews.org article. There are pointed out 5 problems that are not problems. Those are just some missing links from the beginning of life that are not even important for proving evolution. Like I said there are missing links in the history of evolution. Doesn't mean it's wrong. It's just like big bang theory, we know it happened but we don't know what was before that.

We don't use logic as believers use when they consider god. They take god and try to put it in the reality. Usually we observe reality first and then by evidence decide what is more rational. We can't use god as default position. Default position is that there is no god!

ram4nd, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  5. melprise

Best Answers:
    Like I said, you dismiss any proof submitted to you as non-proof, then claim there is no proof. You presume "Scientific Proof is the most reliable method" of truth (without proving that view), then default argue that evolution is true without proving it, and assert a no-God approach is by default more 'rational,' also without proving it. You just demonstrate your dogmatism over and over, so I give arguing with you a rest.

melprise, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  6. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't get it, you have the burden of proof, there just isn't any evidence for a god.

ram4nd, Oct 6, 2013 IP
  7. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_evidence

So you would know what do I mean about evidence.

ram4nd, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  8. melprise

Best Answers:
    See what I mean? YOU still don't get it, you haven't established the other side has the burden of proof, and there are two different approaches to the evidence, concerning both God and origins. You keep presuming things, while demanding others "prove" their side, then contentiously reject everything they present. That's why argumentation with you is fruitless. Peace, I'm out.

melprise, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  9. XPEric

XPEric Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Put simply: Evolution AND Creationism are BOTH theories. Both haven't been proven. The difference is, I can see evolution in a laboratory. I cannot see creationism. People also always say "well, you have to believe something came out of nothing!". Where did god or jesus come from? Did they just appear out of thin air? In addition to that, how do you know your god is the real god? How can there be so many religions with their own individual deity?

XPEric, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  10. melprise

Best Answers:
    You do not see evolution in the lab. You can observe variations within certain basic types of life forms, but not evolution from one life form to a different category life form (e.g., reptiles to birds). God did not 'come from' anywhere, He is the uncaused First cause, the eternal being from whom all caused beings came from. How do you know there can be no real God?

And there are different faiths just as their are different philosophies, political systems, and so on, because people are diverse.That doesn't prove that none of them is the truth. We believe the Bible represents the true God because of the hundreds of witnesses to the miracles, fulfilled prophesies and other divine signs recorded in the book.

melprise, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  11. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Creationism is not a scientific theory. Evolution is a theory and it's proven. Evolution is a fact. If you don't agree then you obviously don't know what evolution is. I know that there are aspects of it that aren't 100% clear. But evolution happens and it's key to our origination. Like the theory of gravity. Maybe you don't blieve that as well. We know it happens. But we have missing gaps in the theory.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19213_7-animals-that-are-evolving-right-before-our-eyes.html

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    ram4nd, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  12. Seaman Staines

Seaman Staines Member

Best Answers:
    For me, religion is science

Seaman Staines, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  13. XPEric

XPEric Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find "he does and always has existed" more difficult to believe than scientific theory.

XPEric, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  14. HunterWoods

HunterWoods Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I really cant understand how people still, in these modern times, believe in God / Gods..

Everybody should watch the series "How the universe works", its really fascinating.

Plus "Through the wormhole", narrated by Morgan Freeman.

HunterWoods, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  15. Umesh patel

Umesh patel Member

Best Answers:
    i think we have to believe in both bcoz don't have any 100 % proof that who can handling this whole universe... but i believe that there is something power who controlling whole universe... but don't know is it god or science... that's all... its endless discussion

Umesh patel, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  16. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually it's not endless. Since there is no evidence of god, we don't take it as something that exists. We have something to discuss if you claim you have evidence for god. But nobody has come up with any solid evidence at all. And we can't call the unknown to god. Religion is something that is programmed in our brains. Humans tend to create religions. I think there are 100k gods that humans have made. Personally I wouldn't put god in the same sentence with science.

ram4nd, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  17. melprise

Best Answers:
    Re-read the last 10 screens of this thread, as it will become clear that a ton of evidence has been presented for God, that Ram doesn't acknowledge, along with lots of evidence that disproves evolution or shows it to be inferior to creation as a explanation for origins.

melprise, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  18. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    We have some missing links at origins but evolution happens, you can't argue that. Only if you don't know what evolution is. If you do the impossible and disapprove evolution then go get your noble prize.

ram4nd, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  19. Ian28

Ian28 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe in both, just don't subscribe to any major religion.

Ian28, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  20. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    The difference is that you have to believe in god. But science observes our natural world and everything that gets accepted has evidence backing it up.

ram4nd, Nov 17, 2013 IP