1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u belive in God or Science?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by vjsinduja, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing goes beyond science.

ram4nd, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  2. indianart22

indianart22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah ..even i saw that documentary on National Geographic, of how we are all Africans. I even read about the Sumerian Tablets.
    There is a reason why the "Vedas" cannot be dated. Read about the "Yugas" and maybe u wud understand.
    I m not aware of any religions prevalent in Africa, apart from Islam and Christianity. I wud be very interested in reading any original African spiritual doctrines, please suggest me some.
    I dont want to appear as the Indian who brags about his religion, but India and Nepal are the only Vedic Religion countries left, and its not really my fault i was born in India. Even in India it has become Hinduism a crude form the original Vedic religion, the religion of the Monkey God and Elephant God etc etc. ..as u wud probably see it.
    As i said before, out of ego, people refuse to accept knowledge because it belongs to a "belief system" which in turn belongs to a country that is supposedly poor and dirty.
    If u study the Vedic literature and contemplate on it, all your questions wud be answered, but that wud take years, and in this time and age when enjoying life is everything, its too much to ask for.

indianart22, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  3. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are, for stating wildly disputable things and calling it 'truth' while everybody else is 'crazy.' You wax dogmatically, while denying you are repeating dogma. You assert people should address the facts, without acknowledging others can account for the facts differently than you have. You repeat over and over that everything was stolen from Africa, then say you're not pushing a continent-based metaphysics. So excuse us for looking at least puzzled.

In fact, as per the research of Arthur Constance and other biblical anthropologists, the most likely point of origins of world culture was Mesopotamia, ie, the Middle east and southern west Asia (from Israel to Persia), with the initial peoples from that region dispersing to Africa, Europe and Asia to populate the world. This is much more consistent with the archaelogical, linguistic and other data suggesting an initial migration flow from Mesopotamia outwards to Africa and elsewhere, and not the reverse.

This means concepts expressed in early documents from those continents are garbled knockoffs from the correct oral traditions that began in Mesopotamia, prior to written records taking hold as the main means of transmitting knowledge. This in turn means the biblical record we have is accurate in its portrayal of the Mesopotamian area as the originating point for world culture. Those are the facts, or at least an alternative supportable accounting for them, without the dogma.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    melprise, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  4. xmilto

xmilto Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In fact, I believe in Allah.
    There is one simple reason why I don't believe in science, which is the "Scientific Miracles".

xmilto, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  5. BoonPeng

BoonPeng Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My family isn't religious. But they do believe in God.

When I was younger, I believed in god. But after I did a grade 3 school concert at a church, I was an atheist from then on.

BoonPeng, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  6. Jglenn

Jglenn Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in both, God and Science.
    - I believe that science has made great progression throughout the years and has improved our lives, but I understand that these improvements came to man through ideas, thoughts and probably visions that came out of nowhere and Eureka! Man finds answers to his questions. I understand that thoughts of great innovations do not come to man just because he is smart. He is inspired by something, or someone. Call it gut feeling if you may but what would be source of this gut feeling or intuition? Immeasurable things like the spirit or God.

Jglenn, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  7. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need belief to know that science is right.

There are no immeasurable things, no spirit no god just your brain...

ram4nd, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  8. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in God and Science.
    Science is which knowledge that we human learn and apply in our daily life.

werliyu, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  9. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    If god exists and created all nature and laws by magic then it makes science obsolete. I am glad that it's not the case.

ram4nd, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  10. melprise

Best Answers:
    You wax with atheistic certainty about being "glad that is not the case" until you have been logically challenged about your views (see a few screens back), then retreat to saying you are only agnostic and "don't know" what is the truth in rebuttal. For the record, 'magic' is man's attempt to manipulate the world and violate the rules for the world (science) that the Creator has made. God as Creator does not make science obsolete, rather the opposite, His work as Creator is what makes science possible.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    melprise, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  11. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are full of logical logical fallacies. You can't disprove god, also you can't prove that there is god. So you have to accept that there is no god as you do with santa, fairies, lepprecaurns, unicorns etc... Faith is not a pathway to truth. Science doesn't require faith, it's even nonsencical sentence. Science observes world and creates models based on that. And has found that genesis doesn't require god(Sure there are some gaps, so christians like to create a god of the gaps).

I would like to correct myself it doesn't make science pointless. It makes physics an environmental science. I can correct myself, as science does when it learns. Religion can't it just what someone wrote in a book.

ram4nd, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  12. melprise

Best Answers:
    Most of the above was completely refuted in our previous exchange, so I won't even bother with it. This is simply your philosophy of what science is, which disagrees with the philosophy that has governed science for most of the history of its development. Most people have a view of science that is not structurally hostile to faith. Faith, logic, imagination, intuition, observation are all pathways to truth, though different.

13. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Faith is believing in things without evidence, how is that pathway to truth?

ram4nd, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  14. Youmax

Youmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    Science is a creation of human mind and God, the creator of human. Because God is not an entity. God is our creator,

Youmax, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  15. melprise

Best Answers:
    It's a non-evidential approach to truth, which by definition does not rely on evidence, duh. LOGIC does not rely on observed evidence either, yet no one denies it is a pathway to truth. You might as well counter state that "logic proceeds without evidence, how is that a pathway to truth?" Cognition involves many pathways to truth.

And as was noted before, there is an element of faith in all the approaches for ascertaining truth, in that each ultimately has a circular base. How do you KNOW that evidence, observation or perception is a path to truth? Stop---if you draw from evidence, observation or perception, your argument is circular, thus faith or supposition based. How do you KNOW that reason is a path to truth? Stop---if you come up with a reason, your argument is circular, thus faith or supposition based. And so on.

16. Youmax

Youmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's not small amount of matter that's far beyond human logic. I know a matter that made me believe there God exists but I'd rather not explain in detail here but I do believe, perhaps you would find it somewhere, in some time. But I like this discussion.

Youmax, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  17. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do believe in both. Science helps us understand our environment and day to day lives. But God is needed to guide us

Winagain, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    werliyu likes this.
  18. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    How does God guide you? Since even if some god exists it won't communicate with you. As we know bible is not true even when god would exist.

Can any of you prove that god exists to me? I am opened to any evidence.

ram4nd, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  19. boisewriter208

boisewriter208 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm an atheist, but still spiritual in my own ways.

boisewriter208, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  20. pinayus27

pinayus27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in God. If there's no God, how can you explain the beauty and wonders of the world?

pinayus27, Sep 28, 2013 IP