1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do signature backlinks still help?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by lwseller, Apr 30, 2017.

Do signature backlinks still help?

Is that a spammy link building or not?

Need some advise from seo experts

Thanks
    SEMrush

lwseller, Apr 30, 2017 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    no

Agent000, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  3. ReviewFlux

ReviewFlux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I hear people say 'no', but that's not what I see on my site.

I'm still populating my site (2 months in), if I make a new post & it has no backlinks of any kind then it takes 9 days to rank in google with a showing in about position 90 for the target audience.

Same kind of post, same audience, with 2 backlinks from forum signatures only (so nofollow links) sees that post ranked in 3 days, with a position around 50. With 3 comment backlinks also (so a total of 5) I get ranked in 2 days and in position 30.

I've repeated this test a dozen times in the last 2 months with the same results - so yes they still help. I know other links are better, but this is easy to do for yourself & gets the ball rolling.

ReviewFlux, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  4. Sited

Sited Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes they do but googles algorithm takes into account quantity. if you have too many backlinks from a sig (and they can check if its a sig backlink or in the main post since thats just one div in the code) they will reduce it

not recommended but its still a cheap way. its 15c per post if you hire a foru. poster and no one would do this except indian posters

Sited, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  5. ErgoPrime

ErgoPrime Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Signature links are a great way to promote your newest articles or your offers, but not really for link building. They are spammy and not recommended for long-term SEO strategies.

ErgoPrime, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  6. tetrapak

tetrapak Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO effect might be minimal, but you can get traffic from it, if it's related to that forum.

tetrapak, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  7. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Signature links and links from forum site violate the Webmasters Guidelines but some SEO use it as a link building technique and do not get banned. Strange but true.

Sumit_Singh, Jul 8, 2017 IP