1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do RSS readers have a feature?

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by burlesk, Jul 5, 2012.

I have always been an active RSS reader user, but recently I've noticed, that there's very little development going on in this field. Some people may have decided, that Twitter and other social networks are a better alternative, but I still think, that RSS is much more suited for reading news. I've mostly used Google Reader, but recently I've stumbled upon a site http://6feeds.com. It's also an RSS reader, but it provides some interesting personalization features. Can't say, if that's really useful for now, but I decided to give it a go.

So I was wondering, if you knew any other fresh RSS-reader projects? Or is RSS just out of fashion?

burlesk, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  2. StreamingPapers

StreamingPapers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

For the last 2 years, I have been developing this new website: Streaming Papers. It focuses on bringing the user news from all over the world with an interactive map to guide you to different countries. The reason it took so long was because I had to gather all RSS links from different newspapers around the world.
    I personally made it for myself, since its an excellent and easy way to stay up-to-date on my daily newspapers, but since it uses RSS I also made it possible to add personal links. You can also reopen your last visited sources. That way it takes only 3 clicks to have all your favorite sources up and running.

This is a much easier way to read exactly what news you want, instead of mixing news in with what friends are writing, on f.ex. Facebook.
    Hope you find this website interesting and useful, and please do share it with all your friends :)

Regards
    Streaming Papers

StreamingPapers, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  3. burlesk

burlesk Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like the idea of being able to look up news from a specific region using a map. It's quite different from a standard approach, where you just have a single feed with news and has it's benefits.

But, sadly, the design and usabilty of streaming papers is really poor (

burlesk, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  4. StreamingPapers

StreamingPapers Peon

Best Answers:
    I kinda agree with you. Up to this point I have not given much thought to design/layout. It was the first that came to mind, and then I focused on functionality.
    BUT, the last week I have completely changed to layout making it easier to navigate as well as adding a search box.

Appreciate your feedback :)

StreamingPapers, Aug 3, 2012 IP