1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do RSS Feed Submissions Work For SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by meamrussian, Sep 23, 2009.

I was told to submit the feeds from my blogs to feed aggragators. They say this will give you more backlinks. Can anyone confirm/disapprove of this? Will this help in SEO? I haven't seen great stress on this method of getting backlinks before.

Thanks.

meamrussian, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  2. pbruessow@msn.com

pbruessow@msn.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    It does give you backlinks and gets your pages indexed rapidly.

pbruessow@msn.com, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  3. james.jakab

james.jakab Peon

Best Answers:
    RSS submission is actually feeding the whole world. When you submit RSS feeds to the RSS engines, you are actually passing link juice from the syndicated sites that have your feed listed to your own site. It is a great link building tool that is being used by all savvy webmasters and SEO people these days..

james.jakab, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  4. elenabush

elenabush Peon

Best Answers:
    RSS feed submission is good submission for increase to ranking because it is very fast caching by search engine.

elenabush, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  5. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    ys rss feed having all your blog summary detail so along with backlink, people can view all your blog in 1 rss feed.

newlogo, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  6. mluther

mluther Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it cannot give you backlinks. But it will help you funnel the search engines into your site often.

mluther, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  7. imbrainfever

imbrainfever Peon

Best Answers:
    Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a great way to deliver content into the hands of potential website visitors. It is also a channel for syndicating your content onto others’ websites.

And, of course, with that comes links - deep links into your latest products, best sellers, articles, buyers guides, blog posts, forum posts, special offers and clearance items - whatever you feature in your RSS feeds .Your RSS feeds are a conduit for reaching influential bloggers who, for whatever reason, have an interest in your site.

In addition, your RSS feeds could be picked up by RSS search engines like Feedster, Technorati and Google Blog Search. Many bloggers subscribe to search results feeds from these search engines to keep up with what is happening on a particular topic or industry.

Thus, if something featured in your RSS feeds include the keywords that the blogger is tracking with their RSS search results subscription, you will end up getting in front of that blogger even if he or she is not subscribing directly to your RSS feed.

imbrainfever, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  8. Melisa

Melisa Peon

Best Answers:
    That's true I also did RSS Submissions when I come to know its benefits and yes I got the results too. RSS submission really works and help to get you few backlinks. But regret to say that I searched a lot and didn't get more than 80-100 directories.

Melisa, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  9. theseomonk

theseomonk Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it's help full for increassing visitors as well help for getting good SERP!!!

theseomonk, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  10. leebari

leebari Peon

Best Answers:
    RSS feed submission only works if you post new articles frequently. Otherwise feed engines will unlist your feed and you'll need to resubmit it again.

leebari, Sep 25, 2009 IP