1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do not use Snapnames for expiring domains

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Blanket, Jun 11, 2007.

Hello.

A domain that i have had lots of interest in was scheduled to expire in just under a week... This website is a PR 4 website that currently has a blank landing page and has not had any activity in over 6 months.

The registrar of record was Network Solutions. Since snapnames has some sort of relationship with Network Solutions, i was under the impression that if I used the snapname service, i would have a better chance of picking up the expired domain over other services sush as pool.com. I was wrong...

On friday I did the $60 backorder, Today, monday, the domains expiration date has been extended another year. I could be wrong, but it seems like snapnames contacted the domain owner and informed them that I was interested in purchasing the domain. So much for picking up a domain without the original owners noticing.

Blanket, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  2. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before the domain expire, Snapenames send a couple of email to the owner...

jakomo, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  3. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    so in the future, you should sign up for one of these services the day before the domain expires??? kicking myself right now.

Blanket, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  4. Idiot Inside

Idiot Inside Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how true your assumption is, but always backorder domains when they are in 'PendingDelete' period, its approx 5 days period before deletion of domain name. And during this period no one can renew the domain name, even owner or registrar itself.

Hope it helps.

Idiot Inside, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  5. DailyExpirations.com

DailyExpirations.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Pool seems to be the best at getting the name but they seem to change their registrars often. End up with many accounts for 60 days or so.

DailyExpirations.com, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  6. Frobber

Frobber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Providers like pool or enom allow a backorder a few days before the domain expires. No one can renew the domain name in the last 5 days AFTER the pending delete period.

If you are interested in backorder an soon expiring domain name you should place your order at pool.com enom.com and snapnames.com

Normally one of these three gets it.

I haven't problems with snapnames in the past.

Frobber, Jun 19, 2007 IP