1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do new links you create show up right away?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by sd2010, Jun 16, 2010.

Hi

I've been adding my site to local directories etc (thoese that sites higher in rank have links from)

I checked my site inlink after doing so but it hasn't changed.

Am I right in thinking it takes time to populate through the internet?

Also, is link:www.website on yahoo the best way to check inbound links?

Thanks!

sd2010, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  2. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    It can take a long time for links to be discovered - especially on small blogs or sites that don't change regularly. Some links won't appear for weeks or even months. Really good links usually appear more quickly.

link:website.com is usually the best, but make sure you select to see links to the "Entire Site", not "Only this URL", and from pages "Except from this domain".

carleisenstein, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  3. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on the type of links.. Directory links takes months, social bookmarking links come quickly and so on so forth for many types of links..

pro.seods, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  4. thebitbotdotcom

thebitbotdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience, directories are extremely slow. I wouldn't rely on them as a sole source of links, which you probably are not. Links on blogs and/or social media sites are generally picked up more quickly.

thebitbotdotcom, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  5. supermom_in_ny

supermom_in_ny Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking sites are the quickest way to go. I've had my diggs show up on Google's first page in 10 minutes. Any place you can add your link that is updated with new content several times an hour like: forums, social bookmarking sites, etc can have your links show up quickly. :)

supermom_in_ny, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  6. jeremiahcork

jeremiahcork Peon

Best Answers:
    I think links from digg and wordpress show up the fastest..google loves digg and wp.

jeremiahcork, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  7. sd2010

sd2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    HI

Thanks for your replies.
    So what exactly do I post on Digg and other social bookmarking sites? Just a link to the site homepage? Or should it be a story relating to my business?

My site only has info on the real world service we provide (taxis).

Thanks again!

sd2010, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  8. iloveRP.com

iloveRP.com Peon

Best Answers:
    To the above question. You can post any article of your site in Digg. Put a title and a little description, then choose a category. That's how easy it is.

iloveRP.com, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  9. AidyUK

AidyUK Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi sd2010 Google is pretty quick at indexing links these days, just because they don't show up in your link profile on Yahoo or Google doesn't mean that they haven't been indexed :) Best bet for getting really quickly indexed AND quality links is to get incontent links in new blog posts on relevant page ranked blogs. It's likely that links there will be indexed almost immediately.

AidyUK, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  10. armiantz

armiantz Peon

Best Answers:
    For me it's Squidoo, Digg and Ezinearticles. Comments on good blogs get picked up really quickly too - by Yahoo. It does not show up when I do the link search on Google but since we know they have a better algo than the other search engines they don't show it immediately lest people would finally crack their algo.

@sd2010 for example if you have a blog on your site you can post that or digg or yeah an article on your site would also work.

armiantz, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  11. frankenstone

frankenstone Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to check for backlinks, the best tools are the Yahoo tool and backlinkwatch.com

frankenstone, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  12. sd2010

sd2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

Thanks again for the replies.

Since I began working at getting links I've seen the inlinks on yahoo site explorer go up from 10 to 18 (new links include links from: articlebase, digg, 118.com, thompson directory plus a couple of directory sites that my competitors are on).

Yet my google rank has stayed exactly the same. Is this because google hasn't crawled my site since the links were created?

Cheers!

sd2010, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  13. Lemints

Lemints Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, if the site is crawled regularly. But, the search engines often do not report ALL links they discover.

Lemints, Jun 24, 2010 IP