1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do Long Tail Exact Match URL's still have ranking value?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Clever Username Guy, Feb 28, 2022.

Hey there, thanks in advance for any direction you all might be willing to offer.

I have a cursory understanding of the SEO, I used to do sales for a digital marketing company.
    I am trying to get my new business ranking on a good long tail keyword. The url was available, I bought it a few days ago, switched the url and verified it on search console. Pg 1 is dominated by high DA sites with single landing pages with relatively weak content targeting this subject matter. My sites new, I have one blog written (woo hoo). Site's a couple years old, not much beyond onsite SEO and some content. Do I have a snowballs chance here of a page one ranking because of the exact match url? If so, what do I do to climb the charts? Anybody? Bueller? The vertical is small business health insurance.

Clever Username Guy, Feb 28, 2022 IP
  2. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, the exact match domain has no SEO value.
    As you said you have purchased a new domain a few days ago then it is considered a new website (no matter how old your website is, if the domain is new then you need to do all the work from the scratch until you have made redirections to the old domain).

Sumit_Singh, Mar 2, 2022 IP
  3. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see you talking about specific search engines, but EMDs still help for SEs outside of Google. And keywords inside of domains help ranking with ALL search engines.

Oso Optimized, Mar 2, 2022 IP
  4. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    Truth to be told, exact match URLs don't have the same value that they had before, so they really aren't some significant ranking factor anymore, and algorithms don't pay too much attention to domains names and URLs. You should rather start focusing on adding targeted keywords more inside of your content, as that's something that can bring you some real value and help you get a higher organic ranking. The same goes with backlinks, do research on them and aim to find some reliable sources on the web that you could connect with and establish cooperation since this would bring you more benefits.

VortexAlpha, Mar 16, 2022 IP
  5. KleenSoft

KleenSoft Peon

Best Answers:
    exact match url is still a ranking factor method

KleenSoft, Mar 22, 2022 IP
  6. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exact match URL is a bit beneficial but not very long like bestdigitalmarketingserviceinflorida dot com :D

Exact match URL will help you if you are getting search engines attentions on regular basis means you have to create good contents for your site according to targeted keywords. Get some high quality backlinks .... In short keywords targeted unique and eye catchy contents and high quality backlinks ... If you can manage these two factors then exact match URL will help you than other URL according to me.

seomanualsubmission, Mar 22, 2022 IP