1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do internet marketers send emails too much?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Unbeatable Michael, Jun 10, 2011.

(Not sure if this is the best forum, but it seemed to fit)

I know that keeping a big mailing list is the gold medal of internet marketing, but how do you feel about some of the people who send out two and three emails every day?

I get some from people every day that automatically go to delete, but there are some that come in from other marketers, with good information, and are a value. I read them every time.

Do the rest of you do that with the daily e-mailers?

Unbeatable Michael, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  2. fruzzlies

fruzzlies Member

Best Answers:
    For those selling to me in every email or email daily or more than once a day, I unsubscribe. If you can offer valuable information and don't spam me and try to sell me in every email, I think an appropriate amount is 2-3 emails a week.

fruzzlies, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  3. ameerulislam10

ameerulislam10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some of them are so irritating that, they send the same mail twice.

ameerulislam10, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  4. Prohexbyte

Prohexbyte Peon

Best Answers:
    It can be irritating, although I tend to use secondary email addresses when signing up to sites of that nature.

Prohexbyte, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  5. Tekime

Tekime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Depends on the nature of the list. More than once per day is way too much in most cases. Daily is only acceptable if subscribers are expecting a daily news update. If you're just promoting a product or sale to existing customers, they're going to get pissed really quickly.

If you're just harvesting email addresses and trying to pimp some affiliate program, you're going to have to bombard them just to get any results. But you're probably annoying thousands of people in the process, and never establishing any kind of rep or relationship.

If we're talking about actual customers, people you do business with, treat your list exactly as you would want to be treated.

Personally, I almost never email my customers more than 1-2 times per week, usually just 2-3 times per month. Generally only when there is an important update, as far as promotional emails go I'm very careful to keep it to a minimum.

Tekime, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  6. snowdrop

snowdrop Peon

Best Answers:
    I am happy to receive emails daily as long as they have relevant good information in them. I will however immediately unsubscribe if all I receive are emails trying to sell me stuff. List owners should always build rapport with their list that way people will stay with them longer.

snowdrop, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  7. happyjane50

happyjane50 Peon

Best Answers:
    anything between once a week to once a month is fine I think - providing its good quality content I dont mind

happyjane50, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  8. nuper17

nuper17 Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends on what the marketer prefer. But according to experts, email is one of the best option for Internet marketing. In my case, I don't use it at least for now...

nuper17, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  9. wanganga

wanganga Peon

Best Answers:
    they are a good way to go but keep them precise and stop irritating your customers with numbers and irrelevance

wanganga, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  10. popgals

popgals Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is really a good way to get traffics if you can use the list well ! but this list should be not a spam list !

popgals, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  11. rambrose

rambrose Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't mind receiving emails if they have good info and they are not bombarding my inbox. I was on one list where I got about 8 emails within 2 days. I think this was the fastest that I unsubscribed to a mailing list.

rambrose, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  12. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    incoming mail is not always as spam, I always get emails that are useful for my business.

wekop, Jun 14, 2011 IP