1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I need to set geo-target for a .Com domain to target Google .co.in?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by wordpecker, Oct 22, 2013.

Hello Friends, I am confused whether to set geo-target for a .com domain to target Indian market or not. I am expecting 60-70% Indian visits (may be more) in my .com blog. Rest of the countries are not targeted, any amount of visit appreciated. I know .in would have been an ideal choice but I want to build the site in such a way so that I can target other countries in future.

Now if I set geo-target it will be restricted to Indian market. So the added benefits of .com domain will be lost. After working for a month on the .com domain I don't see it's working too well in Google.co.in. I mainly have worked with .in domains and all received significant boost in Google .co.in instantly.

I am in a dilemma; what to do? Wait for couple of more months (I don't have much time actually) or transfer the domain to a .in? Till date all major blogs/sites in my niche are .com. It's increasing the confusion even more.
    Thanks

wordpecker, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    direct .co.in domain to .com a 301 redirect not a 302 redirect, then backlink the .co.in ones. or have a script that redirect indian visitors to .co.in version of the domain, just like google does.

competent123, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  3. Prince SInha

Prince SInha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .com websites do well on Google India. Without setting Geo target you can easily rank well on Google India. Build links from Indian regional websites. Get reviews and ratings from India.

Prince SInha, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  4. crazyblogger

crazyblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your targeted visitors are from India only, than I suggest that you go and set Geo target to India in SWT.

crazyblogger, Oct 22, 2013 IP