1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I need to remove previous valid links from google Webmasters tools?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by webrickco, Aug 23, 2010.

Hi,

I hope you can help me on that matter.

I have removed some pages on my site. Those pages were previously indexed by Google. After removing those pages I resubmitted a new sitemap with all new links from my site, but removed pages continue to appear as indexed error on webmasters tools.

Do I have to use Site configuration -> Crawler access -> remove URL to remove those URL shown in the crawling error section, one by one, or will they be removed automatically after a certain time?

Thank you.

webrickco, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  2. Jon Potts

Jon Potts Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest redirecting the links somewhere. The links to those pages still exist on the web so a 301 redirect will help Google figure out that the page does not exist anymore.

Jon Potts, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  3. learner4ever

learner4ever Peon

Best Answers:
    As Jon said if you have external links to those pages, it would be better that you do a 301 redirection of these pages. This way not only you can move their value to new pages but also will tell Google that the pages have been moved to new locations. Gradually these urls will disappear from Google. Otherwise you can remove these urls from Google indexing by requesting Google through webmaster tools that you already know.

learner4ever, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  4. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just make sure you redirect to a page with similar content...

websitetools, Aug 26, 2010 IP