1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I need to open premier or business account to sell digital goods using PayPal?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by jaypabs, Nov 19, 2012.

Currently I have PayPal personal account. I have a website that sells digital goods. Some are mine and some are coming from my members. I just get 25% commission from the members who sell their product to my website.

My question are:

1. Do I need to open a premier or business account?
    2. Or can I just use my personal account?
    3. I am also confuse with the different payment method by PayPal. Is there a difference with personal or premier/business account to process payment like express checkout and standard checkout? Not mentioning there are other terms also like PayPal Website Payments Standard and Website Payments Pro.
    3. What is the IPN? Is this related to all payments like express or standard checkout pro payments standard and payments pro?

jaypabs, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need a business account if you plan to sell anything. Personal and premier are not for selling other than the occasional personal item here and there.

IPN is instant payment notification. Typically you will want to use express checkout or payments pro. There are minor differences between the two. Personally I think express is the easiest to implement and should make for a fluid checkout process on your site.

Make sure to do a lot of research on selling digital items. Many sellers have major problems selling digital content because there is very little seller protection.

jestep, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  3. shalwan

shalwan Banned

Best Answers:
    signup as premier account on paypal then you can sell anything under paypal terms and conditions.

shalwan, Nov 20, 2012 IP