1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I need permission to sell books online in India?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by donsr, Jul 29, 2018.

can i sell books as new that i bought from a retailer ? do i need some formal relationship or any legal papers need to sell books online ? i get any legal problems from publisher ? just a resell not reproducing or illegally make new print . just buy from shop and sell in online .. is it okay ?

donsr, Jul 29, 2018 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you bought books from a RETAILER, those books are NO LONGER NEW. They are USED, even if you never opened them up. I don't know the laws in India, but I would assume that they are similar to other laws around the world, meaning that if you sell those books as 'new' you would be participating in fraud.

If you bought them from a WHOLESALER, then those exact same books could be sold as 'new'.

No publisher is going to care about you reselling books, simply because once you have paid for them they are yours to use or dispose of as you see fit as long as you respect any copyright laws pertaining to the contents. In other words, you can burn them, you can give them away, you can sell them, you can do anything with them EXCEPT copying them.

mmerlinn, Jul 29, 2018 IP
    donsr likes this.