1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I need a Shopping cart?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by A ndrew, Nov 18, 2005.

Hello,

I've been so busy preparing for my product launch that I forgot about how I'm going to get paid! I have chosen to use 2CO and PayPal and I was wondering if I need a shopping cart if I'm going to use both of these payment processors.

If I do need a shopping cart can you please recommend one you like.

Peace,

Andrew

A ndrew, Nov 18, 2005 IP
  2. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, you don't need a shopping cart.

If you're accepting both 2CO and Paypal, you'll just need to put 2 payment buttons on your site. It's pretty easy stuff though if you know HTML. You could use a shopping cart and it'll probably make it easier for payment, but for 1 product, it means the customer will probably need to make an account, submit all personal details ect... it's not really needed.

Alternatively, you could invest in Clickbank, which take a large chunk of commission, but accept both CC and Paypal for you, meaning you only need 1 payment button.

If you at some point have alot of products or services, you might want to think about a shopping cart. I would recommend http://www.oscommerce.com/ as it's the only one I've used and has a simple enough Admin Panel and easily accepts the most common Payment forms (Paypal, Credit Card, 2CO, Nochex ect). But for 1 product, it's alot of hassle :)

Blitz, Nov 20, 2005 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  3. dpbuk

dpbuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Pesonally I think that if yoou have your own sshopping cart software which customers use and then use the payment processors such as 2CO or paypal to accept your payments you will look much more professional.

dpbuk, Nov 23, 2005 IP