1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I need a Google+ business page for my Youtube account?

Discussion in 'Google+' started by Domoner, Mar 6, 2014.

I'm finding this a little bit confusing. I'm currently setting up a Youtube account for tutorial videos which will link to my blog and Google+.

Because my business is an "online" tutorial site do I need a Google+ business page or is that only for "brick and mortar" businesses? I just need to know before getting the ball rolling with the Youtube channel to make sure it's connected to the correct Google+ profile type.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Domoner, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  2. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would create a separate Google account for the business and the Google+ that goes along with it

RobinInTexas, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  3. Akash47

Akash47 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I would create a business page even if your business is an online business.

Akash47, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  4. Domoner

Domoner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay thanks, but should I connect my Youtube account to the personal Google+ or does it have to be somehow connected to my Google+ business page instead considering the nature of that Youtube channel is "business"?

I know it's confusing, apologies.

Domoner, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  5. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Connect the business accounts together. You can put both G+ accounts in a circle

RobinInTexas, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  6. Akash47

Akash47 Member

Best Answers:
    Putting them in the same circle wouldn't quite do the same thing that the OP wanted to do.

Akash47, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  7. Domoner

Domoner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies, it's all good, it'l work out either way, probably just another one of those "little things" that's not overly important at the end of the day.

Domoner, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  8. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I know in Blogger you can connect business pages, so you should also be able to in Yout Tube. (They're both Google products.) However, it depends on whether or not YT is developed enough yet for linking with biz versus personal pages.

Alyssa Lochmore, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  9. Hamza Huzaifa

Hamza Huzaifa Member

Best Answers:
    If Youtube has a page on Google+ then why shouldn't you have one too.
    Youtube has probably a page on every social media website. That means you can have your Youtube page on all the social media websites too. But that is only the case if you have a worldwide market to cover.
    If you want viewers from all over the world then having a page on all social media websites is a good idea. Give it a shot. See how much traffic you get from all your pages then.

Hamza Huzaifa, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  10. Traverse City Web Design

Traverse City Web Design Peon

Best Answers:
    You connect the business Youtube Page and your Business Google+ page to your personal Google account.

I don't think you can actually do the Youtube Business Page and Google+ business page?

Am I wrong?

11. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just an added note - you want to have it connected to a google plus page in order to also be able to add site managers which then also can edit (but not own) your youtube account.

If you connect your youtube account to your personal Google plus accounts you will have a lot of limitation (esp around social media tools / help / automation), also then every one of your likes comments etc shows up oin your youtube channel.

nixande, Apr 18, 2014 IP