1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Do I have to make 25 random posts to be able to post my website for sale? Really?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by osolector1, May 17, 2012.

1. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the reality is, that the posting requirements have worked for several years and they certainly won't be changed anytime soon.

Either accept it, or look elsewhere. Stop wasting your time. :)

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, May 24, 2012 IP
  2. Jared @ 911Lights

Jared @ 911Lights Member

Best Answers:
    You aren't the only one frustrated by this. By forcing people to post you just degrade the quality of the information on the forum.

Jared @ 911Lights, Jun 6, 2012 IP
  3. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This only applies to people who don't have a high enough IQ to contribute quality content to the forums.

Read around, answer questions posted by others you know the answer to. Nothing in life is free- and spending a little time helping others is still better than many other webmaster community's which will charge you for use of the Buy/Sell/Trade sections.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  4. Jared @ 911Lights

Jared @ 911Lights Member

Best Answers:
    So it seems like after I've taken the time to build up my post count on here the rules have changed and 25 posts doesn't cut it anymore, you need 3 liked posts, love how the rules continue to change...

Jared @ 911Lights, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The rules have changed, the complaining hasn't.:D (Though I too have been known to complain, once or twice);)

Spoiltdiva, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    "Yes, can't just post junk to gain access any more, have to make a few quality posts and get three likes. It's far too difficult. :( Why should I make the effort for being able to use a free service? :( GIMME IT ALL FOR FREE AND INSTANT ACCESS NOW. WAAAA, MOMMY."

Fortunately the rules changed and frankly made it easier. You can always pay if you can't be bothered.

ryan_uk, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  7. Jared @ 911Lights

Jared @ 911Lights Member

Best Answers:
    I've written some quality posts on here, but I'm guessing that either the "liking" system never really took off (I've seen that on a lot of forums), or that my posts were before the system is in place, and that no one is liking old posts (since only established members can like and only new members are likely to be looking at old posts).

My point was always that I am here to hire your designers, you should make people work or pay to sell their product to prove that they are trustworthy and create good end product, but why must I work to spend my own hard-earned cash, is my money not good enough?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
  8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Well, they wouldn't like old posts unless searching for the topic and found it useful (just speaking as an established member, I do sometimes look at old posts, so I don't get you). But you didn't get rep from them (as rep was converted into likes). Maybe look for the most active section?

ryan_uk, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    You've got it wrong. DP doesn't make money or anything else from BST, only headaches IMO (moderating it), so if they want to set some kind of minimum requirement to be able to use it, that seems fair enough.

ryan_uk, Apr 28, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  10. Jared @ 911Lights

Jared @ 911Lights Member

Best Answers:

I know they don't make money, but the designers do. I can understand having a minimum (posts, likes, reputation, etc) or paid membership to offer services for sale (or reply to request for services), but it is completely asinine to place those requirements on those buying (requesting) services. It would be like eBay charging buyers to bid on products as well as sellers to list them. It discourages commerce which is obviously not the idea of the site.

11. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    You've got it wrong; you don't need to have likes to take up someone's offer.

ryan_uk, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  12. Jared @ 911Lights

Jared @ 911Lights Member

Best Answers:

No you've got it wrong, you shouldn't have to have likes to make an offer to pay someone, only to take someone's money, simple enough?

13. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    You can go into BST and hire one of the many people offering services without having likes. You mean that you want to post your own thread, like you would pay to post an advert in a newspaper, for example. Or pay an agency to find someone for you.

But instead of DP charging they apply a rule to everyone equally. Boohoo.

ryan_uk, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  14. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually, you never had 25 posts before the new system was in place, so it never affected you either way. Your permissions are exactly as they have always been.

In fact, you also complained about needing 25 posts (which again, you never got): https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/open-letter-to-digital-point-administrators.2491887/

digitalpoint, Apr 28, 2013 IP