1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I have to go through all 4800 links in google to be sure the ads are on my site?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by iconrate, Dec 9, 2004.

Do I have to go through all 4800 links in google to be sure the ads are on my site?
    Or is there another way of doing this? I don't mind having the links on all pages (I love it) but...woah I'm not sure how to get the pages not created by either photopost/vbb accounted for without hours of work.
    Help? :O

iconrate, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    is it PHP based? if so, stick it in the footer.. otherwise, HTML based sites have a hack shawn put together if you have .htaccess- run a search for it and youll find it.

schlottke, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  3. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've got my current site done, all in php and the links are on all 8000+ pages.
    But I've got directories that include my stats (which have been indexed doh) and they're html, there's more folders such as:
    /awayadmin
    /bak
    /bgm
    /billing
    /block
    /chat
    /com
    /cpanel
    /data
    /downloads
    There's many more probably close to 40 folders that I'm not longer using for the site but are indexed. This will take forever.

iconrate, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    if there's a way to put ads on those pages, do it. If not, add a robots.txt file that tells spiders not to grab those pages. Another option would be to use a 301/302 redirect to another page on your site that you do want indexed. At least then any PR would pass on to those pages. I'm not sure which you want a 301 or a 302, but somebody else here might comment. Otherwise a google search would probably give you an answer.

nevetS, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  5. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm doing some reading on the 301 redirection now.
    The main goal is not to lose my weight here, as it is god :D
    I've gone from 118 in my keywords to 16 now in 2 days.

iconrate, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  6. Patient

Patient Raider

Best Answers:
    If you use redirect make sure its permanent 301!

Patient, Dec 10, 2004 IP