1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I go to go back to work at Wal-Mart or Ace Hardware? Help!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aamos72, Sep 13, 2008.

I'm though with my cancer chemo and it took a lot out of me.Now I'm just waiting for the results of two MRI's I did during the last two weeks. Hopefully my cancer doctor will allow me to go back to work as it's been a very long 4 months since I worked for my current employer Wal-Mart. But now I've been offered my old job back. What should I do? my heart tells me to go back to Ace Hardware and not go back to Wal-Mart. My current job at Wal-Mart is overnight matience working from 10pm-7pm and it will be very tough and rough going doing it when my body is still healing and recovering.Not to mention very stressful too!

If I go back to Ace it would only 32 hours a week. I'll be paid less but I already have a 401K there which they can reactivate(is this possible with 401K's if you were already fired from a job at the same place!?),paid medical etc.. But I will not have any vacation time for a year at least. The only thing that really drives me crazy is that they are short staffed on Wednesdays and Thursdays!!besides that many of my fellow employees there were there when I went my first battle/fight with testicular cancer about 2 years ago.I have to deposit my paychecks myself as Ace does not have direct deposit like Wal-Mart does. I have to attend a employee meeting for about a hour once a month. I will work during the day and will be off at 7pm(or 8pm during the summer months). There is no "graveyard" shift at Ace at all. My Jack Russell terrier "Precious" will see and be with me more often.

If I go back to Wal-Mart I do not know how everyone is going to react after I've been gone for at least 4 months with my cancer. I do not have health,dental,401K's at all with Wal-Mart. They do not keep care of their break room or their offices very good at all. Often I feel like I'm cleaning up a pig pen instead of a employee's break room(the one at Ace is much cleaner and just as nicer(if not nicer). I often hear from other employees about how messed up and screwed up Wal-Mart is(as a company to work for as they are paranoid about people punching in or out too early for lunch,going home or coming in to work, among other problems). I can only work 24 hours a week there but it's a tough 24 hour week as I often come home drained from mopping and cleaning all of their wooden floors every night. I will have sleep during the day(and its something that Precious is not too about happy when I do work).I'll have to work from 10pm-7am. I also have to attend boring employee meetings every night which often do not solve anything with Wal-Mart. I think that they are often a waste of our time as they never solve nothing.According to my father, I had more negatives to say about Wal-Mart than I did at Ace. As far I know, I never had anything to say about Ace.

What should I do here? Go back to Wally World after what I posted above or go back to Ace? My heart is telling me to go back to Ace. But why is my heart(and my Jack Russell terrier who loves me lot named Precious) telling me to go back to Ace for?

Ace it will at this link below. It will be the Burley Ace. The website has a picture of the Ace in Burley.

http://www.aceburleyrupert.com/

Ace also gives out quarterly "bonus" checks too just like Wal-Mart.But I think that Ace's bonus checks are a lot bigger than Wal-Mart's.

For pictures of my female Jack Russell terrier go to my cancer blog below. it's in my links below.

Please reply ASAP as I'm going to make my decision on Monday! Thanks for all the input everyone!!

aamos72, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If I had just fought a battle with cancer I think I would believe that life it too damned short to be unhappy; therefore I think I would choose whichever I thought would give me the most pleasure. Money does need to enter into it but as long as you can pay the bills the rest is just happy money.

Colbyt, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  3. donlin

donlin Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it was me I'd go back to Ace, you don't need stress at this point.

donlin, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  4. Soamelt

Soamelt Peon

Best Answers:
    it sounds like "Ace is the place".... it's only 8 hours more per week.. I'm sure your dog will use that extra time to sleep.

Soamelt, Sep 13, 2008 IP
  5. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    take whatever job makes you happy and you can handle, if neither of these can do that then shop your resume around, there must be other gigs you can get

t2000q, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  6. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ace is the place bro.

homebizseo, Oct 5, 2008 IP