1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

do i get all rights when buy article?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by killeramy, Aug 31, 2014.

i bought articles from here. i just want to know that do i have right to publish it on my website under my name and do i have right to take legal action if someone copy that from my website?

killeramy, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  2. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is something you should discuss with the writer before you buy the articles. Some writers are absolutely ok in being ghost writers (the buyer puts their name under the article) but some might want their profile to be listed so they can raise their authority. As long as the writer is ok with your terms and you have requested the text to be unique for your website then you can safely post it and pursue anyone that copies it from you.

Rado_ch, Sep 1, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro, matt_62 and jrbiz like this.
  3. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the agreement between you and the writer. But on forums, usually writers will give you all rights the for the articles you purchase, and the writer has no right to use these articles.

maddenitrous, Sep 1, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that @Rado_ch has it right, but I also recall a U.S. Court ruling many years ago regarding newspapers using freelanced articles that said that the authors, though fully paid and who had agreed to give up all rights, still had some rights. I cannot recall the details, however so be sure to do a little legal research before assuming it is all good.

jrbiz, Sep 6, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful with what you buy on here. A lot of times you will have someone resell you something with their resell rights when they don't even have resell rights. You will still be liable.

If you are buying custom content from the author then you want to have it clearly written out that you are now the sole owner of the content and it can't be resold or used by anyone else but you.

Ultimately you also get what you pay for. If you are paying pennies I doubt the articles you are purchasing are written for you.

NetStar, Sep 6, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of cheap writers copy content, so they cannot give you the rights. Before taking action against someone you should check that it is not you inadvertently using somebody elses copyrighted content

uand.eye, Sep 6, 2014 IP
  7. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should ask the writer for his permission, for example, to write his permission for the articles in an email to you.

Zirkon Kalti, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  8. VCT

VCT Member

Best Answers:
    Taking into consideration that most of the content is rewritten, you should have no hesitation while using the article, because in fact it's not creative work but mostly technical one.

But of course, as guys already said you had better discuss this with the writer.

VCT, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Horrible advice.

First off just because you feel *most* content is rewritten doesn't mean the content in question automatically is. Even if so, plagiarism can get you in to just as much trouble if not worse.

Secondly, you should always have hesitation when using ANY content you purchase. Why? Because unless you HIRED someone to write specific content (and spent a LOT of money) for you odds are the re-distributors have sold that article to many clients just like yourself.

Third... "because in fact it's not creative work but mostly technical one" WHAT THE F*CK does this even mean??? Sometimes I wish DP'ers should just stay in their cave and not comment.

If you purchase an article or series of articles that were not written specifically for you it will NOT be original and you will NOT have the rights to it...

NetStar, Jan 29, 2015 IP
    TMG Enterprises, jrbiz and Rado_ch like this.
  10. consul

consul Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not safe. The best way is to directly hire a professional writer and stipulate in the contract that all rights be transferred to you. If you buy the article here, there is big chance that the article may have been also sold to others. How much did you pay? Is it a sizable amount that merits the content to be exclusive for you alone and not to be sold or have been sold to others after or before you? Do yourself a favor. Hire a professional and spend with reason.

consul, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Without the original poster even replying I'm willing to bet he paid $3 for 150 articles on "how to stop smoking" or "how to find a mesothelioma lawyer" and wants to know if the seller invested 200 hours of work to make $2.45 (less $.55 for paypal fee) off of his purchase only....

NetStar, Jan 29, 2015 IP
    DinoJRG and Page3 like this.
  12. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Who cares bro.

I have a site with 300+ unique articles that have been stolen over and over again. Hell, people have looked at my site and made a site to do that to rank right under me.
    There isn't jack you can do about it legally unless you think it's a fun hobby to hire a lawyer and pay him $50K to find some 18yr old in india with cool clothes you can sue him for.

DinoJRG, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  13. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on who you buy from. If it is someone here from DP or WF I would wory much about it.

fionix, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  14. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have bought the article, I think writer has given you permission to publish it, I mean that is the idea of selling the article :) Still, you should check with the writer before buying the articles.

King-Servers, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  15. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thief is going to steal XXX articles from siteA that does not make money,
    then he will post those articles on SiteB that Thief created....then Thief is
    wondering why he isnt making any money...

Dumb Thief, he should have stole articles from sites that make money....

dscurlock, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  16. consul

consul Active Member

Best Answers:
    You will know if it is not original because you won't be owning exclusive rights and the price is around $5. A premium, well-researched article with original content is worth more than that. How much more if you wish to own the copyright!?

consul, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  17. majamkd

majamkd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you sure have right to publish them on your website under your name since you already paid for them, but sometimes you may encounter problems with the original writers claiming their copyrights so its better to insist on some written agreement with them, and yes you have and should take legal actions if someone try to copy them.

majamkd, Jul 19, 2015 IP