1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do high pr still have benefit ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by aasas, Feb 29, 2016.

Hello guys last google update so many time ago do still Pr 4-6 have benefit ? build backlink or just simple backlink like PR0 ? PR/NA ?

aasas, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  2. julieseoandsocial

julieseoandsocial Member

Best Answers:
    Not really it's more the authority and trust factor now, most of the time if you find a high domain authority though you normally have some PR with it... Hope this helps!

julieseoandsocial, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  3. messnct

messnct Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    These websites have a high pr still have benefits, but there are some tricks to forge high pr. Currently Google has stopped updating pr. I am interested in the indicators PA / DA and URL Rating, Rating Domain... when link building.

messnct, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  4. Peter Stavrou

Peter Stavrou Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Backlinks with real PR's are more beneficial than once with nothing.

Peter Stavrou, Mar 15, 2016 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  5. Jennifer Galdnik

Jennifer Galdnik Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Peter hit the nail on the head! While not a beneficial as before, a link is still better than no link, right? ;)

Jennifer Galdnik, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  6. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me, a site that have a good PR is still valuable.
    However, it is not about linking to any ranking page sites, it is all about relevancy.
    Here's the thing, you have a travel niche site. There is a health niche site having a PR5 wherein you can put a link to it, but on the other hand there is also a travel niche site that have a PR0/1 wherein you can also put a link to it. If you are a search engine, which do you think is make more sense when it comes to linking? Both are nofollow links.

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  7. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    suwandichen13, Mar 21, 2016 IP
  8. drestauro

drestauro Member

Best Answers:
    PR is dead. Backlinks really matter so little. All the back link does is give you an opportunity. Google will randomly toss your site into the SERP, if a persons search ends with you then Google takes it as you providing the answer to the query. So while a backlink gets you in the door, it's your content that will get you ranked. I have pages ranking #1 on 5000 impression a month keywords that got there with no backlinks. The trick is understanding what someone is trying to figure out with a key phrase and write to that.

drestauro, Mar 21, 2016 IP
  9. Raxix

Raxix Member

Best Answers:
    while buying a Domain I always checked the PR including DA and backlinks.

So, If you want to buy a similar niche old domain then I think it is important.

But if you want to backlink to high PR domain then do not fully focus on PR because there are lots of domains with fake PR.

Raxix, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  10. suwandichen13

Best Answers:
    Beside lot fake pagerank many valid high pr domain but have no backlinks. I dont know how they do that but as raxix said check domain authority too before purchase it.

Even pagerank important backthen but now pr no more than additional information.

suwandichen13, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  11. drestauro

drestauro Member

Best Answers:
    Because backlinks don't really matter anymore. #1 rankers have a lot of backlinks because they are #1 Rankers. Backlinks will give you a chance at rankings but if you can't end the search trail the backlinks won't matter. Then time is better spent producing better content and Making the site cleaner and faster.

drestauro, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  12. suwandichen13

Best Answers:
    Indeed. Today blogging not like before who has more backlinks win the game. Now more focus to quality content which not for machine but for humans

suwandichen13, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  13. aasas

aasas Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for help ! i love you.
    Don't created new thread another question, better PR5 ( could not validate) or PR4 (GREEN) you think guys could not validate , Page ranks not trust they are fake ?

aasas, Mar 27, 2016 IP
  14. WebScavenger

WebScavenger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PR has not been updated in years. It is an abandoned metric by Google. Perhaps it still holds a little weight, but I wouldn't put much concern into it. It's more important nowadays to concentrate on Domain Authority (DA), Page Authority (PA) and other current metrics.

WebScavenger, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  15. TomRider

TomRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PageRank is passed on by pages that backlink to your site funneling tha page rank authority to you. So the more pages that have pagerank linking to an individual page of your the more likely it is to receive that PR benefit. But the PR is watered down on pages that are linking out with lots of outbound links. This means you may benefitmore from a page linking to you that is a PR3 with only a couple of ourbound links compared to a PR6 page that has 50 outbound links. this is essence means that an internal page on a site can often have a higher pagerank than the homepage.

TomRider, May 25, 2016 IP
  16. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    first they closed access to link: , now parsing is possible only with high quality proxies, pr is closed.
    All those are google attempt to stop SEO's from manipulating the serps by not telling them what google thinks of a site.
    It is possible that if you have old records of sites with past PR you can still evaluate a site. also there is moz rank

bobestes, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  17. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not really sure but it seems like everything's different.

the rankings for desktop and mobile are completely different now. I checked with my tablet and PC. Kind of frustrating when you were looking for the same result on both.

Another thing I noticed is that when you search a keyphrase, it shows unique results, BUT if you search it again, the results change. Exact keyphrase, two different random results! Google searches used to give the same results for the same exact search, but whatever.

jv1999, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  18. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    google gives priority to mobile friendly sites when displaying serps on mobile

bobestes, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  19. jfseostudio.com

jfseostudio.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Page rank is an internal Google ranking factor now. It still matters if the link is from a quality site or not. Any link is good as long as it's not from a spam site.

jfseostudio.com, Jun 26, 2016 IP
    bobestes likes this.
  20. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    Agree

bobestes, Jun 26, 2016 IP