1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do flash links get spidered?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kyle422, Mar 17, 2005.

As the post says. Do flash links get spidered? I thought I read a post here where someone claimed they get crawled.
    :confused:
    I guess I should be more specific. Do bots follow links contained in flash images? :D

kyle422, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  2. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, they get indexed . You can enter your search term in Google, and along with that search term, use the filetype operator and restrict your search to the file extension ".swf". This will search for your search term only in Macromedia Flash files. You should see [FLASH] just before each listing in the results page that is a Flash document.

Macromedia has a Flash Search Engine SDK (http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/download/search_engine/) that will give us just what we need. The SDK (Software Development Kit) includes an application named 'swf2html'. Swf2html extracts text and links from a Macromedia Flash .SWF file, and returns the data to stdout or as an HTML document. Swf2html is provided as a compiled application and as a static library for linked library implementation. For complete functionality, see the file Readme.htm included in the SDK.

crazyhorse, Mar 18, 2005 IP
  3. kyle422

kyle422 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Crazyhorse. You rock!!!!:D

kyle422, Mar 18, 2005 IP