1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do established Adsense accounts get disabled?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by tbarr60, Feb 16, 2005.

I am sure you could get an established Adsense account disabled but it seems to me that it usually the smaller, newer accounts that get disabled or threatened. I got an email from Google when I got a 40 times spike during my first month two years ago but I haven't seen any crazy spikes since and haven't had any more nastyGrams.

I'd like to hear stories of those who have been disabled and what range of Adsense income you were in and how fast you got there.

tbarr60, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually had my account deactivated once about a year ago for a few hours before they finally realized they had made the mistake, or their filter I guess. One e-mail and I was back- pretty nerve racking though, since my adsense revenue pays all of my bills, partying expenses, and travel costs... lol.

schlottke, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  3. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ouch schlottke. If that was my "bread and butter" I'd be scared shitless to get an email like that.

Infiniterb, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha- it was nothing to be alarmed about though- they were actually extremely helpful in getting it resolved very quickly.

schlottke, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  5. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    schlottke :

they re-activate your account only after your email inquiry?

how about you are on holiday or have not log in for a while,
    then you will not know about the de-activation?

Vrindavan, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  6. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    schlottke,
    may be you could advise Josh over in the "Adsense Account Disabled?" thread. I read that thread and was made to wonder about the size of the Adsense account and its relative safety. He had a small account, Google wouldn't miss his 50 clicks a day but they would miss account that have 1000's or more clicks per day. It does seem like guys who are making "$15,000 a month after a few tweaks" are a bit braver than the rest of us.

tbarr60, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  7. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I read his thread, and though I hope he gets reactivated, the smaller accounts are usually ignored. Which is a shame, and I think a huge flaw in their company's tech support.

schlottke, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  8. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If I was Google, I'd reactivate base on any human response to the disabling. If it says please, I'm sorry for my two clicks, or what did I do wrong, they'd be good in my book.

tbarr60, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  9. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:

Please, start an ad company, and I will be the first to signup :D

Josh

Josh, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  10. silenced

silenced Peon

Best Answers:
    and I will be second to signup :D

silenced, Feb 18, 2005 IP
  11. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I actually pondered it back in 98. I had some text ads from ClickTrade on a JavaScript sample site I had and found that if I put up a dialog box (javascript's window.alert method) that said thanks for visiting, all scripts are free, please visit my sponsors, I could get 25% clickthrough rate for the clicktrade ad. I thought about building a ad system based on dialog boxes with a brief advert and an OK button to go to the site and Cancel to ignore the ad. I never quite got done and I am not sure how I'd get up to critical mass for advertisers and publishers.

Gee, one of us ought to start it.....

tbarr60, Feb 18, 2005 IP
  12. jackburton

jackburton Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone who are "small potatoes" (and I'm one of them) should remember this and stop worrying about getting dropped by Google. If they drop you, they'll drop you, and there's nothing you can do about it. You'll get one of those generic forms and they won't even bother wasting a live person on you for a second. Fuggedaboutit. You don't matter to them and don't spend days trying desperately to get back. Move on. There's just no use worrying all day about what you did wrong, etc. People should really just accept this. It's no big mystery.

jackburton, Feb 18, 2005 IP
  13. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a sad truth- especially for the few who actually haven't cheated. I can't wait for the day that CJ or another affiliate manager offers a contextual Affiliate program where it generates affiliate links based on your content, you then have a winning idea, and make a hell of a lot more money.

schlottke, Feb 18, 2005 IP
  14. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    affiliates are still affiliates. they require more than click throughs but sales. i know that my site won't make as much in affiliate sales as it could in cpc programs. this is probably true for most of us

Liminal, Feb 19, 2005 IP
  15. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Think about it for a second guy...

If the links the people are clicking on from your site were all affiliate programs, the people clicking the links are genuinely interested in whatever it is they are clicking on. Odds are that they are going to purchase, otherwise people wouldn't let the adwords be displayed on your site to begin with.

Obviously this isn't always the case, but in many situations it would pay *much* better.

schlottke, Feb 19, 2005 IP
  16. obral

obral Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like every body will get a shock if adsense account is disabled. Maybe just treat it like a hobby, too much dependent on it will hurt.

obral, Feb 19, 2005 IP
  17. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    If you aren't doing anything shady, you *shouldn't* have anything to worry about.

18. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    schlottke,

i've had success with adsense but have had no luck whatsoever with affiliate programs (despite the fact that the affilate ads i chose were directly related to my site's content as if these were contextual ads).

Liminal, Feb 19, 2005 IP
  19. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, like I said, it wouldn't be for everyone, some sites just don't sell well.

20. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Google does what it wants. if the googlers at the googleplex dont like you, out you go! I read about webmasters who are innocent getting kicked out...

paymentapprovaltooslow, Feb 21, 2005 IP