1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do directories still mattter in link development? ie. Dmoz

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by MarketExpert, Jan 19, 2015.

Just curious if these link directories are still worth while to get backlinks from. Opinions please?

MarketExpert, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  2. Rinku2013

Rinku2013 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes... but only quality link directories. I think directories with PR2+ and having DA 30+ are still good to get backlinks.

Rinku2013, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  3. CubicleDropout

CubicleDropout Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go about it like this if I had to use those kind of links?

1. Research directories relevant ONLY to your niche/industry.
    2. Make a visual inspection. Is the review process manual? What quality do they allow? Keyword heavy links? Find anything that might raise a flag.
    2. Run the ones you find through Majestic or Ahref and look at link profile. Discard ANY directories with weird links and patterns (no matter how good PR, DA or anything else).
    3. Write solid presentations and keep away for keyword links - use brand.
    4. Voila! Feel a bit safer and reap the juice! :)

CubicleDropout, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  4. Himadri Subrah Saha

Himadri Subrah Saha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, good blog or website directories really matter in link development. It is clearly written in Google blog that if you are choosing some good directories (the directories with good page rank, with rich content and the directories that review your blog before listing) then it is really good for your blog. Also selecting the right category is very important. So, keep searching for good directories for link building.

Himadri Subrah Saha, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  5. SainathGad

SainathGad Member

Best Answers:
    It is a Big No from Me. I've have been keeping myself away from Directories no matter how good they are. People ultimately Spam them and you will have to remove the links to save yourself from penalty.

SainathGad, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  6. ireshsl

ireshsl Member

Best Answers:
    You need find high quality local and international directories which is related to your business. I think it's good to mainly consider about the targeted traffic and follow a natural pattern (ex: maximum 05 links per week).

ireshsl, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  7. vikie sangre

vikie sangre Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only 5%-8% directories approve link.

vikie sangre, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  8. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the intel. See you on the top...

MarketExpert, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  9. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    More than ninety percent of the links listed in a good web directory were added by directory staff, not through submissions. Submit your site as a way of getting to the front of the line. Keep in mind, however, that there are an awful lot of junk directories online, and stay away from them. A few things to keep in mind regarding web directory submissions:
    • The best directories to have your site listed in are the ones that are the hardest to get in. This might be due to a high submission fee, rigid quality standards or, in the case of DMOZ, having to wait years for someone to get around to reviewing your submission. Guaranteed inclusion is not a good thing, and automatic inclusion is even worse.
    • Your link should be placed on a page that is relevant to the topic of your site, whether this be in a niche directory relating to your topic or to a relevant category of a general directory.
    • Once you have determined which category to submit your site to (based on relevancy), look at the other sites that are listed there. If your site were listed on that page, would it be a good neighborhood or a bad one?
    • Check to be sure that the directory is well organized and well maintained.
    • When it comes to links, quality and relevancy are more important than quantity.

10. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. I believe google considered it as a link scheme, especially mass submitting to low quality directories.

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  11. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is fine for Link building purpose. But these are not help us ranking in any more.

ashumastermind, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  12. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes directories still matters in keywords ranking, provided if you are getting backlinks from higher DA website than your website DA.

karen9999, Apr 8, 2015 IP