1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do CJ Offer Bulk 'Feeds'?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by T0PS3O, Jan 4, 2006.

I need to query CJ for certain keywords and pull the results automatically just like Amazon's AWS and eBay's Web Service. Is that possible?

Logging in, clicking Get Links then searching, clicking the product link and then copying and pasting the details isn't very time efficient.

Is there any way to bulk download CJ aff links?

T0PS3O, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  2. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Not that I've found, though some advertisers do have a generic link that you can use to deep link into their product pages (ThinkGeek for example), I'd be interested to hear if there is anything else like that.

dct, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I just need the relevance of the manual search and link method but the ease of an AWS store. I might just have to put together some advanced http script to scrape the results. Been Googling for a real CJ solution but it doesn't look like CJ offer a solution. Some good advertisers do but then you loose the whole idea of getting your info standardized in one spot.

T0PS3O, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Some advertisers do offer it through CJ. There is a setup cost though (it is waived if you already generate $10k/month in commissions I believe). I've never used them myself though and it of course is dependent on the advertiser if they offer the feeds or not.

digitalpoint, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    So do people who use loads of CJ links the SmartZone thing? That feature is so underdocumented, even their damn CJU doesn't have anything on it. From what I understand those Zones are just a massive container for loads of links from which something is picked so relevancy probably goes down the drain. (Unless you have many containers with small numbers of links so you're back at the manual graft again.) Right?

If they offered the feeds right off the bat I'd be on that 10K in no time. If I have to build everything copy/paste manually first it's a bit crap to receive this autmated access afterwards. I bet they make you pay loads for it.

T0PS3O, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The SmartZones is handy, but not terribly useful when you are doing high volume stuff.

7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    So do you do it manually then? Seems near impossible if you have to maintain over a few K links (I need around 20K or so) considering some expire in as little as a few months.

T0PS3O, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah... but I don't use anywhere remotely close to that many links. Are you sure they are all unique links (and not a single link with a unique destination)?

9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I have thousands of pages to put highly target CJ aff links on so based on the fact that almost all of my pages are on different topics I'd imagine the links will have to be similarly unique in order to get the best (deep) link to the advertiser's actual product page.

So it's not like a generic eBay or Argos ad. They are all individual products pretty much.

T0PS3O, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  10. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    The CJ interface really gets to me.

Have you tried the TradeDoubler site? I think they offer a decent product feed and API to go along with it. They might not cover the US, but seeing as you're in the UK it could be worth a look.

http://www.tradedoubler.com/pan/index.jsp

blackbug, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  11. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually here is the scoop. I have been involved with tons of CJ feeds.

There is a fee of 200 if you don't have a certain amount in sales. But that is for as many feeds as you want. Here it is from the FAQ:

However MANY merchants - almost all the ones that are really pro-active and affiliate centered also provide FREE feeds direct to affiliates outside of CJ.

I have numerous CJ merchants that offer free feeds on the list here:
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/IPC-datafeeds.html

You will need to hunt to see which ones are on CJ or you can ask me or tell what product categories and I can tell you who has free feeds. Some of these programs also have the IPC (Instant Page Creator) and the programs on the list that are managed by AMWSO have other page builder tools that let you build a datafeed site in a few minutes without any programming skills or special software.

Advertisers CAN set up an advanced link or smart link that lets affiliates easily suck deep links or use a tool like the IPC. Most merchants either don't know hoew to do it or don't know you can do it through the CJ interface. When I managed Irvs Luggage on CJ, I set up an Instant Product Showcase Creator through CJ so affs could suck all the data by category and build a whole luggage store in about 2 minutes. You can still do that with Irvs and the IPC at the link on my site above. The new manager just never set it up to run directly through CJ.

I also have some DF tools and articles on my site. (Some call me the datafeed queen :p)

5starAffiliates, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  12. gytawc

gytawc Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I can consider myself lucky then, as they set it up for me for free and I am nowhere near $10k yet.

I must say I do prefer the data export from other networks though, where you can get direct http links to the product feeds. With CJ I get a .ZIP that contains all available feeds for the merchants I have signed up with (which was like over 1 GB of .CSVs). But they changed it now, so I only receive updated feeds so it works ok.

gytawc, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  13. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You got for free??? Very good to know!

5starAffiliates, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  14. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand how?

sunchy, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  15. gytawc

gytawc Peon

Best Answers:
    I had just emailed them asking if they provided product feeds. They said yes and contacted me via phone to set it up. Nice side effect was, that I now have a direct contact person.

gytawc, Jan 9, 2006 IP