1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do blogs make good money?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by odin93, Jun 19, 2007.

1. odin93

odin93 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok awesome great tips guys. Im not sure about what to write about im thinking of writing about my experince trying to make money of the interent, and failing lol, do you think this would work.

odin93, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  2. vallpower

vallpower Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not agree with you... If you'll make a good promotion and quality backs, you can earn money on blog after 3-5 months

vallpower, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  3. webs

webs Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think writing about failing on a blog would generally be a good idea because you want people to feel good after going to your blog. If you turned it into a positive thing (ie. constructive criticism) then maybe it would work - but then you would essentially be talking about how you CAN make money from a blog. And if you haven't done that, then you're not really an expert on it are you?

Seriously, stick to a hobby of yours. Mine is Arsenal Football Club, I don't need to think much to know what I'm talking about - just a little bit of research here and there. There was that guy who loved clubbing and dance music and that was his blog and he is having success. You shouldn't really have to think hard to come up with something that you like doing and like writing about. It could be anything, as long as there is something new to write about every day or so!

If you need help, let everyone know what you like doing and I'm sure the DP users will be happy to give you their suggestions.

Good luck!

webs, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  4. webs

webs Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh and another thing! Work hard! Turn it into a business so that you can build off it in years to come. And read that Blogging Blueprints I posted earlier. It will help give you perspective.

webs, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  5. affordnow.com

affordnow.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It will take time, but blogs can make good money.

affordnow.com, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  6. ichigo

ichigo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ichigo, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  7. Actor Mike

Actor Mike Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. That's the key thing that so many new bloggers don't understand. It takes time to build up the readership, links and authority. It doesn't happen overnight which is why so many blogs start with a bang and then fizzle out 6 months later.

Actor Mike, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  8. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what I have seen reading these forums and other webmaster websites it seems that there are a lot more blogs that don't make even $100 a month let alone millions. It seems to be pretty hard to keep track of which blogs are the top earners and which ones are websites, online stores social bookmarks/portals (like Plenty of Fish).

chant, Jul 2, 2007 IP
    skibladner likes this.
  9. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to bare in mind that a certain percentage from those blogs are not supposed to earn money. Some people just run them for the sake of having fun.

shuttle, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  10. afmusan

afmusan Peon

Best Answers:
    Have fun with it, write a ton and if it's in a niche area, money will follow.

afmusan, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  11. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i fully disagree

I have excellent SEO results - quantities of top 10 SERPS ) from my blog software and thus I get lots of traffic resulting in excellent adsense revenue from blog.
    blog however is only part of my entire site. but if I would run out of ideas for my site and focus on blogging only - i also could easily live just from blogging!

by chosing a fully SEO capable blog SW and by following common successful editor/publisher rules - you can achieve same results as you coiuld using any other method of web publishing!

hans, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  12. Ratman2050

Ratman2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This helped me when I was starting to blog.

Ratman2050, Jul 2, 2007 IP
    skibladner likes this.
  13. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on niche and content as always, but blogs can pay ...

Don't understand the differentiation between blogs & websites -- when done properly the two should merge ... if you approach a blog as just a chance to write a diary online then your missing a trick ;)

bochgoch, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  14. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    The differences probably lies in the type of service the site is providing. Some websites sell products which are similar to brick-and-mortar stores. Others sell services, while still others wrap ads around multi-media entertainment, which would be analogous to TV and radio. Blogs, for the most part, have the same requirements as newspapers - i.e. good stories, good writers, and content and readers that might attract an advertiser. So, yes blogs can make money, but it is as difficult to make money with blogs as it is to make money with newspapers since all of the issues are pretty much the same.

Rich

richrf, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  15. dgridley

dgridley Guest

Best Answers:
    I've actually made more money selling blog links or doing paid posts than thru Adsense (for example) but my blogs have made me money.

dgridley, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  16. Galaxyl

Galaxyl Peon

Best Answers:
    So are you guys saying that RSS-2-Blog type blogs for promoting affiliate products do not make money, or you have not tried?

Just interested, as I have not tried either

Gal

Galaxyl, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  17. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you ever tried affiliatedweb? This is the one I like the most!

shuttle, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  18. bobmeetsworld

bobmeetsworld Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on your niche and quality of content mainly.

bobmeetsworld, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  19. seofire

seofire Peon

Best Answers:
    they only really pay if you have over 70 visitors a day...in my experience

seofire, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  20. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    one single qualified post may get you 100+ visitors per day - in an average however it may take a few dozen (30-50) articles to get some 100+ visitors per day.

hence such low visitor numbers is easily achieved in less than a months of blogging and should be no deal at all for a blogger with some skills and expertise to share.

hans, Jul 7, 2007 IP